Notices

Vitamins? or no Vitamins?

Old 01-06-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the info. I talked to my Dr. today and there is no problem taking Milk Thistle so I'm getting some! I think I will continue my vitamin intake until I run out. One thing I have noticed though that I have been taking Calcium and Magnesium pills and since about a month of taking them my nails are super strong (like my toes!). Before they used to peel. I have not changed my eating habits so it isn't diet except for alcohol and cigarettes.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I take fish oil, and during detox (right now) I take double dosage of b vitamins, an extra supplement of thiamine which is commonly the most deficient vitamins in alcoholics. I believe folic acid is also deficient.

But I do this for three days. Not for along period of time because the sheer management of so many meds is outrageous.

Most b vitamins are water soluble, so overdosing on b itself is not really possible. (unless you took the whole bottle at once or something stupid)

This is what my doctor told me. If he was lying or wrong, I guess that sucks for me. :-)