Notices

Just want to stop for good!!

Old 01-05-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just want to stop for good!!

I stared drinking around 17, now I'm 28. I always had friends, but mostly because I was good a sports. Was the homecoming king...still not real sure how I ever got that. The problem was my friends gave me crap about not saying anything in social situations. So the first time I drank alcohol in high school it was game on. Became a social butterfly everybody loved it, hell I loved it. That worked out pretty well for about 5 years. I did get zero tolerance for driving when I was 19. was absolutely plowed. Still don't know how I passed the breathalyzer test. Lost my license for 30 days. That was most trouble I had ever gotten in.

Should mention I still have never had a gf because of my anxiety. Still a virgin. My dad died 3 years ago. Now just found out Friday my mom has breast cancer. Around 22 is when I had to start drinking more to get the same effects that I once had. I rolled my car on a country road. Got lucky I did not kill anybody with me. No DUI, we pushed the car back over and drove off. This is also when the depression started. I have been on medication for it for the last 3 years. the blackouts,fights with friends. Waking up not remembering anything that happened the night before. Luckily I have not lost the few friends I now have because of it. I should also mention I am pretty much just a binge drinker, I just drink friday night at the bar, and that is pretty much it, but I drink way too much!! I have always been like that. Never just come home and have a drink. I rarely have a beer at my home.

2 weeks ago got in trouble with the law. Got into a fight that I don't even remember, or why I even jumped into it. I did not start it. Broke my foot, and got a disturbing the piece ticket..:$450 that I don't have. Now I'm out of work for 3 months without pay and have to start all over in position with the company. This is not just an absolute embarrassment for me, but for my mom. She says she not, but how can she not be. I said I'm goin stop plenty of times, but hopefully this is the straw that breaks the camel back.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome huskers! I think being here will really help you. It feels so good to not be alone anymore. I'm glad you've reached out for some support & encouragement.

I wish I'd gotten the message when I was 28. It took me many more years to finally see what alcohol was doing to my life. You'll be keeping yourself from so much misery down the line. You can do this.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! you'll find loads of support here!!
Old 01-05-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Wwlcome. It's Good to look for support before things get worse. You have had some lucky escapes. Your mum sounds great. Good luck xxxx
Old 01-05-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Huskers! I have been where you are, and I'm really glad you found SR. Definitely a step in the right direction.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Kate she really is! Now I've got to help her with her battle with breast cancer. Lost my dad to cancer 3 years ago. Could not stand to now lose her now.