Notices

New Year check in!

Old 01-05-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Year check in!

Hello all,

I've been absent for a while, decided to focus on my family over the holidays, but I did come here occasionally to read the posts which always helps!

Happy to say I made it through all the holiday festivities and they were truly amazing! No hangovers, no anxiety, no arguments! Just wonderful time with my family! I probably drank my weight in sparkling juices and ciders but I can live with that!

I have become a morning person and I love it! My son is a morning person as most toddlers are, so it's nice to be happy to get up with him instead of just doing it because I have to!

2014 is my year! I started a few weeks early, in late December, no rock bottom (this time), just finishing a glass of wine on a Saturday night and deciding it just wasn't doing anything for me anymore.

If I can make it through Christmas and even go out dancing on New Years without a drop (I used to think I HAD to drink to dance!! Crazy!) Then I have high hopes I can get through anything.

15 days today. Not much in the grand scheme of things, but better than nothing! Happy Sunday friends!
Old 01-05-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Getting through Christmas and NY sober is amazing .Do not underestimate it -be proud of yourself.We're proud of you .It's a great start for the New Year and a brilliant foundation for going forward. I got sober in early Dec 2012 and when I hit difficult times in early 2013 I always told myself the same thing-if I can get through Christmas and NY sober I can dam well get through this (whatever it was ) You will be the same

Many congratulations again and welcome back
Old 01-05-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

@PinotNOmore,

I love your profile name - being a bit of a wine connoisseur... I had a giggle.

Yes....congratulations, I also have made it through unscathed. Over 7 months sober and feeling great. It's a whole new world this year. Although I have been explaining lots to family I am visiting and am quite amazed at how they now view themselves around me. It's as if they feel slightly uncomfortable with their own drinking habits. It gives me quite a chuckle.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
quat

PinotNo(know?)more
So good to hear holidays were grand! And who wouldn't want to be able to catch all the New Barney's first thing in the am , lol!
15 is no small potatoes, 'a journey of a thousand miles.." kinda thing
wish you well
Old 01-05-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

@dwtb - PinotNO(know)more.......it's getting better lol, great stuff
Old 01-05-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dented But Reliable

Smile

Keep on keeping on! It's the start of a new year, and it starts with today! The one blessing of many blessings I've found in sobriety is a greater appreciation of family and real friends...and knowing what the good times really were to begin with.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

@dwtb

Just challenging myself with the acronym
d - drinking
w - without
t - the
b - booze

How did I go?
Old 01-05-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Pinot, and congrats on getting through the holidays! Isn't it great, getting up with the little one with a clear mind, knowing that you did the right thing last night? I know the feeling.
Happy New Year
Old 01-05-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
quat

the letters dont exactly roll off the tongue(or the fingers when typing) , it forces to remember 'don't want to be drunk' everytime i log in , so close lol!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
PinotNo(know?)more
I never thought of it that way! I like it! Thanks everyone! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but also wasn't without its "I wish I could just have one" moments!

Funny enough though, there were instances during some gatherings, that I felt so good, I had to think about whether I had actually drank. Kind of a euphoric feeling I guess. Very interesting indeed! :-)
Old 01-05-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sounds like an awesome start to a great year. Way to go PinotNOmore! I'm living day 8 today and so far so good.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Congrats on 15 days PNM! Yeah, I drank a whole bottle of sparkling juice on NYE. Still better than a whole bottle of booze or even a sip!