Notices

I think weekends are worst

Old 01-04-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think weekends are worst

Day 38 - A Saturday. Seems anxiety hits me hardest on the weekends. Start to obsess about every little twinge I feel. I tell myself a guy in his 50's has little aches and pains, but my mind races to thinking the root cause is the many years of drinking. Oh... some of them I'm sure are probably related, but the realistic part of me says I cant do anything about them. I watch all my medical vitals (BP, Pulse, weight, exercise) and record them and I can see they have improved. But how many times does a guy have to take his pulse? I cant tell you how many times I take mine...MANY is the answer. Weekends were the easy time to binge and have a nice buzz so I think that is why they hit me worst. In the 'old' days I'd just have a few drinks... and not worry about any minor aches and pains. Its better sober than drunk, but I have to admit the anxiety and obsessing gets old.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SeaScape

I'm sorry you are feeling down - I also think weekends are really hard. I am trying to keep myself busy - just trying to do something with myself and that helps me realize that there is more to life than sitting around and worrying or beating myself up or getting loaded
Try not to worry - I know that's easier said than done!
Old 01-04-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you had a full check up (by a professional) since you got sober Bill?

D
Old 01-04-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dee - Checkup was scheduled for next week. Doctor changed it, now two weeks.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I started at the same time you did, but slipped after 20 days. I'm at day 5 now, but have been following you from the beginning. Just want to say stay strong. I wish I was right there with you at day 38...be well!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Someone recently told me that worrying does nothing to change the outcome of any given situation. I never thought about it that way, but I could not come up with one instance where worrying had a positive impact on anything. It's natural to be concerned, but worry is a very different emotion. Worry is troublesome, causes physical issues sometimes, and consumes thoughts.

I'm not saying that don't worry, be happy is realistic all the time but when it seems to be taking over think about what the difference will be on the outcome if you worry really hard or not at all. It helped me to think of things that way...just sharing my experience