SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Trying to stay sober (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/318373-trying-stay-sober.html)

Lilybits 01-03-2014 05:37 PM

Trying to stay sober

Hi, I am struggling with staying sober. My husband went out of town for 10 days and I am alone and wanting to drink. I found this site with hopes it would help me find something to do so I won't pick up that drink,

KateL 01-03-2014 05:38 PM

Great idea. Keep reading and posting. xxxx

Lilybits 01-03-2014 05:41 PM

Thanks KateL. I will keep reading and posting.

Kat60 01-03-2014 05:45 PM

Hey Lily! Welcome to SR!! Glad you found us!! It's a great place with lots of folks who have been where you are now!!!

I'm still kind of new at this, but I'll sure tell ya that when I'm feeling vulnerable or craving, I come here and read and post till it passes...

Look around, read around, and never ever feel badly about asking for help. That's why we are all here!!!

Welcome!!
Kat

LindaLou 01-03-2014 05:52 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum! I come here daily, it really helps me to keep my focus on my goal of sobriety. Sometimes, just to pass time, I play in the arcade. Tons of games in there!

least 01-03-2014 05:53 PM

:welcome to SR! I'm glad you found us and joined the family. We are here to support and encourage you in your sober journey. You are never alone, there is always someone here. :hug:

Hevyn 01-03-2014 05:54 PM

It's great to meet you Lily. You found a wonderful place. It will definitely help with your anxiety to spend time here. Welcome! :)

BuddinK 01-03-2014 05:54 PM

When I first joined here, I would stay after work and read here for hours, I never drank at home but I never managed to make it home first. This site really got me through those brutal first few weeks. You can do it.

autan 01-03-2014 06:07 PM

You ve found a great site. So many people in the same boat. Keep sober.

ClydeChief 01-03-2014 06:12 PM

Nice to meet you Lily,,,, I do the same thing here,,,,I read for support and keep my mind from wondering to the drink. It helps,,, and the people I have met here so far are wonderful. Welcome, and keep coming back.

Straightshoot 01-03-2014 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by BuddinK (Post 4386029)
When I first joined here, I would stay after work and read here for hours, I never drank at home but I never managed to make it home first. This site really got me through those brutal first few weeks. You can do it.

You are in a rough place to not drink IMO. 2 years ago I went there on a bus tour, got off the bus and headed to my favorite joint by myself. Hadn't had a drink in over a year. Congratulations. Lily I wish you well.

Dee74 01-04-2014 01:00 AM

Hi lilybits - there's a lot of support here :)
Welcome :)

D

safe2breathe 01-04-2014 01:15 AM

seems like a pretty good plan...
id also suggest contacting your sponsor if you have one or making some meetings if that is possible.

cheebiechi 01-04-2014 01:17 AM

Welcome,

I would have to agree with Safe as well!

We are not alone!!

Matt