Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekend thread jan 3rd 4th & 5th of 2014 come help ourselves get through

Notices

weekend thread jan 3rd 4th & 5th of 2014 come help ourselves get through

Old 01-04-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hey guys been gone for a bit.. So much Holiday drama with my kids and ex husband who is...Im gonna try and be nice but a mean hateful jerk to ,my kids.

But we got thru it glad to here from Non. What is everyones New Years plan??
Old 01-04-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Weasel.. got puzzle of time square Christmas Ice Skating. Beautiful but so hard.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders, ** ring ring **,
Checking in very late, but things are good. Getting ready for a cold snap that will bring us down to -30 F by Monday. Hope everyone is having a peaceful, sober weekend.
Hugs,
Cas
Old 01-04-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Saturday everyone!
Old 01-05-2014, 02:41 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good Morning Sobrietists!

Looks like a glorious Sober Sunday is upon us.

Got a little bit more organized yesterday. Gonna get more organized today.

Woke up early from a drinking dream. In this one I lied to my family and told them I had a business trip to New York, but I just went there to get drunk. Then I was trying to come up with a believable lie so I could extend the trip. Woke up feeling a twinge of that day 1 guilt you get when you know you've just screwed the pooch by believing your AV on Friday night and now it's Sunday and WTF happened to Saturday?!

If those dreams are AV-inspired, then it screwed up. That twinge of guilt is like a booster shot, bolstering my immunity to drinking. I HATE that ashamed/guilty/disgusted feeling. So glad it wasn't caused by reality!

Let's do this!
Old 01-05-2014, 03:40 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Weasey, cats and jigsaw puzzles?
When I quit smoking I took up knitting, it's fairly easy and takes concentration.
I am on level 228 of Candy Crush...been playing since last April, I was on jury duty, got introduced to it while waiting around. Also love Farm Heroes....
Old 01-05-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Sunday is here. No going out today as we are getting a lot of snow here. Bought things for homemade deep dish pizza for dinner. Also going to try making pineapple upside down cake.Taking down Christmas decorations today also. Trying to stay busy and alcohol free! Have good day everyone!
Old 01-05-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Good morning all, Friday done, Saturday done, posting early for a sober Sunday. Here's to the first of many sober weekends in 2014!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Miss Fandy... Yikes! Don't be putting all those things together. I sound eccentric!

Lol

The puzzle is a ravensburger puzzle. A good quality that can be framed when done. I used to do them with my mother. She had a stroke and could not walk or talk so we sat together and did puzzle after puzzle. So I thought a low tech activity was necessary.

I am on 201 on candy crush! Love that game. Hesitate to say addicted but quite possible I am.

Come to think of it I want to own my eccentricity in 2014! Maybe discover a few new ones!

I have a really nice electric wok. Might experiment today with how to use it. Love fresh veggies cooked that way.

------

Hello weekenders!

Ken
Old 01-05-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

i have accepted the fact that i have become a cat lady....yikes....
Old 01-05-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Happy Sober Sunday! Day 18 (again). Made it through my hair appt yesterday without asking for wine. Had a coffee instead and took my 3 yr old with me so I wouldn't be tempted (wouldn't drink and drive with her in car). Was so tired and drained last night. Watched some football and went to bed. Woke up feeling better today, but these Xmas decorations and tree are still staring me in the face. It just seems like such a chore to take them all down and organize them back into totes. I don't need to do it today, right??

Hope everyone is enjoying their hangover-free Sunday. There is nothing better
Old 01-05-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Sunday is here!! Made it through my hardest night which was last night as I had a gig. Feeling great and clear!!!!
Old 01-05-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I am on 201 on candy crush! Love that game. Hesitate to say addicted but quite possible I am.

------

Hello weekenders!

Ken
I have been stuck on level 181 for at least a month now.
And I am a couple of cats short of being a crazy cat lady.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone!

I am jumping in on the last day of the weekend here. My vacation time has made weekends seem smaller than they are when my routine actually changes during the week. Anyways, I have been doing well, I will be starting back at school tomorrow so I am pretty excited about that. This is my 18th consecutive weekend sober and that feels pretty great! Hope all is well.

Cheers,
Flying
Old 01-05-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Originally Posted by Louise82 View Post
Btw, what are everyone's thoughts on my new avatar? Is the pink too bright and loud? It's still kind of startling me every time I submit a post, lol.
Originally Posted by Cathryn2001 View Post
It's beautiful!
Thanks!

Man, I am such an idiot. I thought a nice way to wind down on this Sunday evening would be to lie down with a couple of soaked lemon & ginger teabags on my eyes. So I have these teabags over my closed eyes for a couple of minutes and then my eyelids start burning like mad. Apparently I'd forgotten that ginger is a spice! I took the teabags off faster than the speed of light and spent ages rinsing my eyes with freezing cold water. I also put cold compresses over each eye for a couple of minutes. So I think I'll live.

So in my sobriety I guess I'm still struggling to live like one of these "normal people" with "common sense" that I keep hearing about.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Fire! Wolves! Alarm!

This weekend was going so well, and then disaster struck.

My wife and I have our monthly massage appointments today, but they just called and my regular girl, Jessica, is out. Now I have to get a massage from an unknown masseuse.

THE HORROR!

#firstworldproblems

Old 01-05-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders,
Cooped up in the house. Would really like to take pup for a walk, but it's too d@mned cold. She's from Georgia, so is like, "wth, is this place?". Made buttermilk pancakes from scratch this morning. A bit heavy, but tasty. And if Cas can make 'em, then anyone can. Gotta deal with the laundry monster this afternoon and do a wee bit of work. Been watching the series "Vikings" on amazon. Not bad, but very sanitized I'm sure. The scenery in the fjords is amazing.

Louise, I'm a big fanboy of your avatar! We need a little color around here!!

Good to see old friends and new on this very important thread. I continue to enjoy reading your posts. Gives me a level up! Stay strong and stay close!!

Cheers,
Cas
Old 01-05-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Haha, thanks Cas! Yeah I guess the colour does brighten up these winter days.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Cor ! i've been reading about ice box USA some kind of mad wether event happening over there with a polar ice wind coming down over the east …. BRRR I've been in -27c before only inside a frozen food storage warehouse . I hope you all wrap up warm and keep safe that is pretty extreme .

Sunday evening here , just quietly letting the weekend slip away . Busy week ahead, off to see about a new job wed's . Lot's of things to do but nothing i can do this evening so time to get very snuggly under the covers and have a nice relaxing sleep .
nighty night my fellow sobriety attainers & maintainers .

m
Old 01-05-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Yes, the 1st of 52 sober weekends in 2014. Rootin for everyone.