Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekend thread jan 3rd 4th & 5th of 2014 come help ourselves get through

Notices

weekend thread jan 3rd 4th & 5th of 2014 come help ourselves get through

Old 01-03-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I meant to say that the hair salon I went to yesteday was the only one I could find that was open and could fit me in at the time I could go. I totally forgot they offer you wine. They asked what I wanted to drink and I so nearly said "red wine, please!" but I said "black coffee would be great, thank." No one else was drinking while I was there, so it's not like the place was full of plastered clients. I've noticed it's more common for beauty/hair salon places to offer alcoholic drinks during your treatment. It must be a thing.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:12 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Winding down for the day, Friday night sober and sleepy. Looking forward to a productive day tomorrow!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:21 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

It's Saturday night here. About to head out to a meeting.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:22 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Is that your cat, Odelle? It's beautiful.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:57 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Originally Posted by SeaScape View Post
I'm in!!! Sounds like this is the place to be for the weekend Glad to be a part of this community!
You got that right!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Btw, what are everyone's thoughts on my new avatar? Is the pink too bright and loud? It's still kind of startling me every time I submit a post, lol.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:10 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Good going malcom

Chocolate chip ice cream defiantly helped get me through the first 3 months or so, especially as a small treat the moment i got home after a hard or difficult day .

Sat morning here , so i'm going to have some coffee in a moment . Not a peep out of mex-m8 for 3 days now , wonder what i did or didn't do ? but there again maybe something has happened … with time i might find out .. so for the moment back to the normal routine .

I feel so glad today that sobriety has bought me the coping skills to have something happen and i can take it in my stride and genuinely look forwards to my day .

I've learned some knowledge, wisdom and compassion in the past two years i hope long may i continue being a pupil of life .

Yours in freedom , m
Old 01-04-2014, 02:26 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Louise.... I like the color. I get thrown off sometimes when I know a person by their avatar and then they change it. Some never do. I like yours very much!

Hey everyone! All the old and new weekenders!

Like2hike... So glad you are doing well. If this thread contributed that's really cook.

M... Good to see you! Thanks for the start this week... Lol our weekends did get a bit closer together for awhile there.

As for this one? I woke with a sinus headache. But starting to feel better. The new apartment is up to snuff so nothing to do there. I don't want to be in a dark theater but might go to the movies. Or better yet I am going to go to the toy and hobby store to see about a puzzle or possibly some complex model to put together. My mind has been flat and it needs some company.

Stay well and sober!

K
Old 01-04-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

hey gee it was hard but managed 2 stay rober since 25.10.2014.made it thru xmas and new years thanx 2 all at sr.

v
Old 01-04-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Saturday morning and trying to get organized! That was the theme of my CBT session yesterday; I have a long list of things to do and I feel disorganized in my approach. Overwhelmed, even. This leads to thoughts of escape. Which leads to thoughts of drinking.

So the key, I think is organization! So, off I go with a pot of Chinese Oolong to organize!

Be well everyone!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Another bitterly cold day here. Really need to start taking down Xmas decorations, but just can't get motivated to do so this year. Maybe tomorrow?

Had a nice Friday night. Hubby, daughter and I went out to dinner for burgers (mac & cheese for daughter) and then came home and relaxed. Had an odd moment of thinking "maybe I should just go back to drinking?" I noticed it was after hubby had a few beers and I kept seeing TV commercials advertising booze. Why does it sometimes feel like I am the only person who can't drink? Anyway, I know I am no really missing out because I feel so much better about myself and life when I am sober. Just wish these occasional crazy thoughts would go away.

Today's plan is : grocery store, hair appointment this afternoon, belated holiday kids party at one of my daughters preschool friends, then home to hubby's chili and Eagles/Saints game.

Hope everyone has a nice and sober Saturday!
Old 01-04-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Had an odd moment of thinking "maybe I should just go back to drinking?" I noticed it was after hubby had a few beers and I kept seeing TV commercials advertising booze. Why does it sometimes feel like I am the only person who can't drink? Anyway, I know I am no really missing out because I feel so much better about myself and life when I am sober. Just wish these occasional crazy thoughts would go away.
I was watching a hockey game last night with my son and saw so many beer commercials. Thinking about how culture teaches young people its good to consume alcohol. Maybe well start seeing advertising for pot based on the way things are going here in the states.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Louise.... I like the color. I get thrown off sometimes when I know a person by their avatar and then they change it. Some never do. I like yours very much!

Hey everyone! All the old and new weekenders!

Like2hike... So glad you are doing well. If this thread contributed that's really cook.

M... Good to see you! Thanks for the start this week... Lol our weekends did get a bit closer together for awhile there.

As for this one? I woke with a sinus headache. But starting to feel better. The new apartment is up to snuff so nothing to do there. I don't want to be in a dark theater but might go to the movies. Or better yet I am going to go to the toy and hobby store to see about a puzzle or possibly some complex model to put together. My mind has been flat and it needs some company.

Stay well and sober!

K
Thanks for the feedback Ken! I'll keep it as it is for now.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

Advertising (the fallacy of it) gets me in so many forms.... Drinking is almost always glamorized from ads, movies to books,etc. Unless there is a point to it in a movie or book 95% of the time you never see/hear about the horrible night after or the real consequences of the inappropriate comment or action that happened. No reality of the physical & mental sickness or the lost jobs, spouses, loved ones, self-esteem,etc.
Even though I know (have lived) the truth, I still get visions of sitting on the beach with a cold drink or a cute, fun night out with the girls or "a glass" of wine to unwind after work when contemplating "a drink". Yeah, right (NOT)

Old 01-04-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

TigerLili, I used to take that glass of red wine at the salon when it was offered. Odd, I noticed I never saw anybody else taking wine--always water or coffee. I was also the only one I knew who ordered wine at lunch...
Old 01-04-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Winding down for the day, Friday night sober and sleepy. Looking forward to a productive day tomorrow!
The picture I got off of the web but it looks exactly like my rescue kitty. I have another (Maine coon mix) who is he!! on wheels and has been testing my patience lately.

Still staring at my Christmas decorations and plan on putting everything away today. Like others here, I am lacking motivation to tackle home projects but hope that once I start, my energy will pick up and I can chalk this up as a productive weekend.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TigerLili View Post
Is that your cat, Odelle? It's beautiful.

The picture, I got off of the web, but it looks exactly like my rescue kitty. I have another (Maine coon mix) who is he!! on wheels and has been testing my patience lately.

Still staring at my Christmas decorations and plan on putting everything away today. Like others here, I am lacking motivation to tackle home projects but hope that once I start, my energy will pick up and I can chalk this up as a productive weekend.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Not looking forward to tonight. Like everyone else, weekends have been party central for so long. Just an excuse to get a little drunker.
I am hoping and praying my hubby doesn't bring beer home tonight.
My alchy brother in law is here now and already drinking beer. MGD yuk.
So if my husband starts drinking early I am doomed. I do NOT do well being sober while my hubby is drunk. Massive anxiety and panic attacks, I don't really have a plan for that, and I am quite scared.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TigerLili View Post
I meant to say that the hair salon I went to yesteday was the only one I could find that was open and could fit me in at the time I could go. I totally forgot they offer you wine. They asked what I wanted to drink and I so nearly said "red wine, please!" but I said "black coffee would be great, thank." No one else was drinking while I was there, so it's not like the place was full of plastered clients. I've noticed it's more common for beauty/hair salon places to offer alcoholic drinks during your treatment. It must be a thing.
OMG, my salon offers drinks too - wine, beer, margaritas!!! I used to schedule my appts for the afternoons so it wouldn't look bad if I indulged. Now it is always a temptation to go. Funny that you posted this because I have an appt later this afternoon. I would change places, but I have been going to her for so long and really like her. Since I quit drinking I have been making my appts in the mornings so I am not as tempted, but she had a cancellation for this afternnoon and I really need a haircut. Ugh, why does it feel like we are always surrounded by alcohol? I used to love it, not I find it very frustrating and annoying!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Arctic, if your husband drinks, can you go to your room and watch mindless TV if you have trouble focusing?