Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekend thread jan 3rd 4th & 5th of 2014 come help ourselves get through

Notices

weekend thread jan 3rd 4th & 5th of 2014 come help ourselves get through

Old 01-03-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders. Speaking from the future: Saturday morning is great and hangover free! I'm off for a swim, then picking up some eggs from the organic shop and coming home to put the rising sourdough in the oven.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great morning plan!! . . . currently enjoying some of the Cricket on telly before calling it a night!! . . . I don't like England's chances after seeing how Australia have started!!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I have eaten more ice cream in the past six months than I have in a lifetime of birthday parties. It does help. I was having urges on new years day in the evening and stopped to buy myself a sweet flavored coffee. It really took off the edge.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hiya! Ringing in for the weekend. It is really warm in CA. I kind of wish it would get a little cooler and rain so we don't have a drought again!

Hope you're all doing great! My AV is playing havoc with me and there are moments I am just barely getting through it. I am looking forward to seeing the weekend posts!

Have a great one!!A
Old 01-03-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Happy Friday evening everyone! Definitely in for a sober weekend curled up in front of the TV with the space heater. Supposed to get a big snow and below zero temps coming up so a nice weekend in is in order.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

Love all of the posts about ice cream. I'm gearing up for a heaping bowl, adorned with warm chocolate chip cookies, in about half an hour. It's cold here, so I'm grateful to be snug as a bug in the house.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
Hiya! Ringing in for the weekend. It is really warm in CA. I kind of wish it would get a little cooler and rain so we don't have a drought again!

Hope you're all doing great! My AV is playing havoc with me and there are moments I am just barely getting through it. I am looking forward to seeing the weekend posts!

Have a great one!!A
You doing okay, Alysheba? We've got faith in you!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Ohhhh, I'm drooling for ice cream! But no, I just started a diet and can't fail after only 3 days! Have a few bites for me! I think popcorn will be it for me tonight!

Old 01-03-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cathryn2001 View Post
Hey everyone!

Love all of the posts about ice cream. I'm gearing up for a heaping bowl, adorned with warm chocolate chip cookies, in about half an hour. It's cold here, so I'm grateful to be snug as a bug in the house.
OMG that sounds soooo good! I'm almost tempted to go out to the store to get ingredients for just that!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I'm in for the sober weekend too! Freezing cold here in Vermont!! Had take-out for dinner and wood stove cranking. Busy day at work so I'm too tired to even think about wanting to go out tonight; it's nice to have it be a Friday night and I'm not feeling buggy. I don't have a lot planned for the weekend and I'm very ok with that! Stumbled across the concept of "self-authoring/self-authorship" that I want to explore....may be a jump start to getting me to journal/write again. I'm feeling like I need to amp up my recovery a bit.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
Stumbled across the concept of "self-authoring/self-authorship" that I want to explore.....
That sounds really interesting!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZeldaFan View Post
OMG that sounds soooo good! I'm almost tempted to go out to the store to get ingredients for just that!
It was delicious--hope you make the run! I'm trying to limit myself to 1-2 times a week--worth every bite (and calorie!)!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grindilow View Post
Struggling a bit tonight guys. I'm on day 4 and have hardly slept the last 4 nights and I'm exhausted.
I feel for you, Grindilow. I have struggled with insomnia when not drinking and found it necessary to get a drs help. Hope you get a good night's sleep soon.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
My AV is playing havoc with me and there are moments I am just barely getting through it.
Don't give in, Alysheba. Someone said to me that if you just ride out the cravings, no matter how hard, you'll find more peace than you could ever imagine. I'm holding on to that.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

My weekend so far: Yesterday I went to the hairdresser so now I'm looking snazzy. Then I went to a women's AA Steps meeting, then I come home and watched tv until late and went to bed. Today I have a reflexology appointment and then I'll go to a meeting. Tomorrow I will see my parents and check out a meeting in their neck of the woods.

I will probably also have icecream because it's hot and humid here - it's summer for us,

however I will not be watching the cricket!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm definitely in for a sober weekend. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning, feel great and enjoy a nice hot cup of coffee!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

It snowed last night and today was icy - tomorrow warm enough to melt everything and then Sunday will be so cold to make everything ice again. I shopped this past week and plan to stay in the whole weekend. I have food to eat and apple juice to drink and plenty of things to fill up the weekend (cleaning, reading on my Kindle, online class, movies & shows on Netflix & Hulu, internet & SR, online games, sleeeeep, etc.)
And like Stomper, I am looking forward to enjoying coffee tomorrow morning!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

In for another sober weekend. This is #53 for me. Just know that is does get easier....much easier. Sometime around week 2 or 3 this weekend thread gave me enough encouragement to drive past all the old beer stops on the way home from work on that Friday. Thanks for that one, Mecanix and Weasel. I owe y'all for that one.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
I have eaten more ice cream in the past six months than I have in a lifetime of birthday parties. It does help. I was having urges on new years day in the evening and stopped to buy myself a sweet flavored coffee. It really took off the edge.
I know what you mean Ruby. I eat pretty well now but I must admit that I adore quality ice cream now especially chocolate.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm in for the weekend, but, man I had a rough start. I felt like I was in the movie "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" from the time I woke up. Here's how my Friday went.
* Woke to find my cell phone floating in the cat's water dish (kids were playing with it)
* Got an email that I had to turn in some paperwork at work, so I had to drive 45 min. each way to just hand in a paper.
* Raced home to meet with an in-law who is (finally) leaving after the holidays. She was late, and I sat in a park by myself for an hour (no cell phone)
* My kid broke another kid's toy at the park-parent angry at me.
* My wife locked her keys in the car at her counselor's and our AAA expired.
6 weeks ago, I'd be drinking like a fish right now, but now- nope. I'm hanging out on SR and warming up some tea.