Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekend thread jan 3rd 4th & 5th of 2014 come help ourselves get through

Notices

weekend thread jan 3rd 4th & 5th of 2014 come help ourselves get through

Old 01-03-2014, 02:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Hi Mecanix my sober Pommie friend and all weekenders! How many weekends can we have in a week? * ring ring *

It would be very gloating if I talked about the current Ashes series wouldn't it Mecanix? So I won't talk about it -- but I'm looking forward to watching the cricket, swimming, baking, reading, cycling and vegging out.

If this is your first sober weekend count yourself lucky, sober hangover-free mornings are awesome.
We have to let you win sometimes, after slaughtering you over here
Old 01-03-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Working all day today, and off tomorrow, tonight is probably also going to be catching some of the Cricket before bed, if I can stay awake long enough.

Tomorrow will be catching up on some sleep, and going to watch an ice hockey game tomorrow evening, followed by a fresh Sunday morning feeling.

That's the plan!!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

A bit late but I am in once more !
Old 01-03-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Just rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes. I am sore all under. That saddle is murder!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I a m i n f o r s u r e!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Always enjoy reading this thread and never had the courage to sign up. But this weekend I'm in!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome joyousone!
I'm in for another sober weekend. Wish I could stay snowbound but the insanity begins again after a 2 week break. Ice hockey and indoor soccer for the kids on both sides of the state. Happy Friday everyone!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm in for my first sober weekend in 2014!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am in.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm in. It's always nice waking up Saturday and Sunday with a clear head, and energy to go out and do something!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Taking this weekend one day at a time - Sat is going to be the hard day for me. For now, looking forward to a sober friday night!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Hey y'all ,
It is the weekend again , they seem to be quite regular at the moment . So it's friday morning in the UK work to get through and then freedom … freedom is what you make of it , like so much in life.

This weekend i need a thorough battery re-charge . If the weather has a break i'm going to try and go for a walk somewhere green , although it looks like a lot of rain and wind is blowing in … I see that the eastern USA has lots of snow and has been declared an emergency in some places .

So come huddle round SR , bask in the warm radiance of so many people trying to do the right thing for themselves and their lives .

When we were babies learning how to walk we slipped fell took a tumble but we got up and tried again , we didn't beat ourselves up or say it's impossible .

Eyes to the prize , lets do this ,

Bestwishes, m
I am really glad I read this post. Very inspirational and so very true. Your right we have just got to keep living without alcohol, its not what were missing out on, its what were seeing properly and clearly for the first time in years.

I have spent the past 7 hours doing my yearly accounts and drinking nettle tea, jasmine tea, and thai coffee (its not bad). I have done so much work, I feel the weekend belongs to me now. When I used to drink, it used to take forever and I was constantly making mistakes.

Life without alcohol is definitely a life worth enjoying.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by copperfield View Post
Taking this weekend one day at a time - Sat is going to be the hard day for me. For now, looking forward to a sober friday night!
I'm in but with this plan. Won't say anything about tomorrow yet. Will work on no booze for tonight and then back on tomorrow. Good luck to everyone
Old 01-03-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm in for first sober weekend in 8 years xx
Old 01-03-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Hi Mecanix my sober Pommie friend and all weekenders! How many weekends can we have in a week? * ring ring *

It would be very gloating if I talked about the current Ashes series wouldn't it Mecanix? So I won't talk about it -- but I'm looking forward to watching the cricket, swimming, baking, reading, cycling and vegging out.

If this is your first sober weekend count yourself lucky, sober hangover-free mornings are awesome.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning All - Jumping in for a sober week-end - Have 7 days today. Just a little encouragement for those of you starting a weight loss program. I started one 2 years ago...kept it simple.....committed myself to a 2ml walk that included a couple of hills 4 days a week & swimming 10 laps 4-5 days a week - I stuck to that & lost 20 lbs within 2 months. Remember that it will not happen overnight, but it your consistent it WILL happen
Old 01-03-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Weekend!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi everyone from a rain saturated part of England. I am totally fed up with this rain but looking forward to the first weekend of the news year! All the best
Old 01-03-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
Good Morning All - Jumping in for a sober week-end - Have 7 days today. Just a little encouragement for those of you starting a weight loss program. I started one 2 years ago...kept it simple.....committed myself to a 2ml walk that included a couple of hills 4 days a week & swimming 10 laps 4-5 days a week - I stuck to that & lost 20 lbs within 2 months. Remember that it will not happen overnight, but it your consistent it WILL happen
Thanks for the encouragement Mariah and congrats on the weight loss even though it was a while ago. And well done on a week sober!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

In for a sober week-end with 7 days today.