Notices

I need to stop this time

Old 01-01-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need to stop this time

! Well its been just 10 hours since my last drink, and I don't ever want to drink again. However, I've said that a thousand times before. I begginning to think its impossible to stop.

Right now the shakes and the sweats are starting. I am dying of anxiety and it feels like my heart is going two hundred miles an hour. This hurt bad, real bad. Why did I ever start drinking? How do you stop?

I am only 33 and have some very serious health issues. The doc has said stop or DIE young. So after this weekends binge I've realized this has to be the end of my gloriously destructive habit.

Literally taking it hour by hour right now, every minute feels like weeks. Wish me luck, I hope this is the beginning of the end this time. Thank kindly for reading my post.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR thatdeliveryguy!
I am sorry you are hurting right now, but glad you are trying to get well...

I really hope you think about seeking medical help for the withdrawals; detoxing on your own can be dangerous!!

We are here...keep reading and posting!!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Did your doc give you any advice or meds to help with the withdrawls? It can be dangerous so definitely check in with him to let him know you are quitting if you have concerns
Old 01-01-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You might want to see a doctor. Detoxing can be dangerous and there are meds and treatment that can make you more comfortable if you're ready to stop. See a doc.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I tried to quit on my own and ended up in the hospital...
Didn't think that would ever happen but ended up being the best thing for me EVER.
Can you get some medical help?
Hang in there. There are lots of people rooting for you.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Good advice here so far. It can be done. Many have gone before us. Pulling for you. Let us know how it's going.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad your here
Old 01-01-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

"The explanation that alcoholism was a disease of a two-fold nature, an allergy of the body and an obsession of the mind, cleared up a number of puzzling questions for me. The allergy we could do nothing about. Somehow our bodies had reached the point where we could no longer absorb alcohol in our systems. The why is not important; the fact is that one drink will set up a reaction in our system that requires more, that one drink is too much and a hundred drinks are not enough."

2001 AAWS, Inc., Fourth Edition; Alcoholics Anonymous, pg. 355
Old 01-01-2014, 11:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome thatdeliveryguy - tons of support here

when did you speak to the dr?

D
Old 01-02-2014, 12:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there man, I'm sure it's very scary right now. I'll let everyone else do the advice giving, but I'm rooting for you!
Old 01-02-2014, 12:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

If you feel med attn is what you need, then do so. But if you can withstand it for few days then tuf it out. My experience looking @ others get help is once back on feet coz it's relatively painless is shortly thereafter, it's back to downing more booze. I had the dt's real bad, diarrhea, temp changes etc but I decided to let it work thru & after 5 days it was all done! Now as the big bk says I recoil from it as a hot flame; never ever want to take my body thru that again. But again, it's you're choice
No pain no gain
Old 01-02-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum

Only thing for it, is to take things a day at a time, an hour at a time, or if needs be a 30mins at a time, your going to need support to do it though, as your right time goes so slowly over the first number of days, SR is great, there are also AA meetings etc

String a few days together and eventually the withdrawals will subside, you got to keep pushing through!!
Old 01-02-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Glad you have stopped. If your approach is taking it hour by hour then good on you. You can do it. Look after yourself xxxxx