Old 12-31-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post

- entire 2013 was sober for me;
- I kicked sugars completely out of my nutrition - it wasn't easy but I won;
- I kicked all salty crunchy stuff out of my nutrition as well;
- I started doing boxing and made good progress;
- - I started meditating;
- And I walked through fear and got to the issue that had been petrifying for a long time and I wrapped up most of it just yesterday.

I have THE biggest grin on my face MB....you are truly awesome girl...
Old 12-31-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
What have you done, for yourself or someone else, that you are proud of this year?

Looking back over the past can sometimes be a negative experience for us alcoholics and addicts, yet there is always a glimmer of hope for our futures. We are all here, standing together, looking at the start of a New Year.

We all have the potential to make next year great.

This year has been amazing for me. I am now 19 months sober and my life is changing so fast sometimes I can barely keep up.

One thing for me that I'm really proud of is that I quit smoking! I tried a million times and failed...but with the help of AVRT, I finally got it!! My family are so happy about this, and so am I.

So how about you...what have you done to be proud of?

Congratulations on both your sobriety and quitting smoking! I am 19 months sober too!! Will make 20 in January...Yes, this is the first year (2014) that I am making some plans for hopefully having a real life again that will include romance, taking a trip and higher career goals.

This past year has been about having things to be accountable for and serving others. I finally went back to work in a traditional office setting: someplace I actually have to be everyday...have been a big help to my aging parents and began doing Homeless Outreach volunteer work through my church...It doesn't feel like me sometimes but it is a reality!

For anybody who is struggling with getting and staying sober...remember Miracles do happen often and everyday!