Notices

thank you

Old 12-30-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thank you

ok look i'm not use to this whole opening up thing. All i will say is i lost a lot of people (important people) in my life.. i'm not good with opening up,in fact i hate it.. I have a problem and been having this problem for the last 10 years.. drinking is my friend it makes me feel good but it's also my enemy . Been wanting to go A.A. meetings but i guess i'm afraid.. anyways i just felt like saying something..Thank you for listening..
Old 12-30-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

the fact that you want to get better is a good start. I have been sober for nearly 3 months and I wish you could glimpse the happy changes, difficult some days but the rewards are great. keep it together and start a new life.
All the best for 2014- make it your year.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey RockStar

Welcome to SR. I totally get the "opening up" thing.

There are tons of threads and blogs and forums here to keep you busy reading and learning. You can talk to us as you feel comfortable. It really does help!!

Congrats on joining us and posting....that's a huge first step!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Also... The same is true for AA. There is no reason why you cannot go and just listen. No one is going to pressure you to talk until/unless you are ready...
Old 12-30-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome lonlyrockstar

share as much or as little as you like - there's no compulsions here
Go at your own pace.

I hope you'll find SR as supportive and as helpful and life-changing as I have

welcome to you too Peregrino

D
Old 12-30-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Lots of people here to listen, or just quietly support your efforts to make positive changes in your life. I think most people are fearful about opening up to others, some just hide it better than others.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yeppers I used both AA and here for the first three months and then just here after a week long hospital detox and a few days of rehab. Just go to a meeting and find out what resources are in your area. If you are still drinking go to a meeting whenever you need a break from reading and posting here. But only when you are ready. I quit every morning for my last two years drinking. I'm lucky I survived. Nothing worked until I decided I needed help and checked into the VA hospital for a week long medical detox to avoid seizures, and be locked up until I was detoxed. But first I decided I wanted to quit once, for good, never to drink again. No conditions. No mixed feelings. I can never drink again without getting hooked again immediately.

The good news, I no longer have to. See, drinking was great when it was voluntary. Not at all when it became mandatory.

Whenever you're ready . . .
Old 12-31-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome lonlyrockstar!!

Post, just read, whatever your comfortable with!!