Notices

newcomer off the sauce

Old 12-30-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

newcomer off the sauce

Hi everyone ive came across this site while ive been googling alcohol withdrawal and seen a lot of of useful information which helped me! Today is my second day so far of not drinking and I am determined not to relapse this time like I always do! Alcohol has lost me girfriends jobs and put me in jail before so I know if I didnt drink I would be happier, its just all my mates drink aswell

Thanks for reading
Old 12-30-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi LGUNIT, welcome to SR, you will find lots of help on here on your want to be sober.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome LGUNIT3223, SR is a great place for support and advice. Glad you have joined us.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks mags and hayley, seems a great place to talk bout things with people that understand

Xx
Old 12-30-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome. I am sure the mates who are worthy of your friendship will understand and support you too. In my experience most do and those who don't aren't very good friends in the first place. There is more to being a friend than being a drinking buddy xxxx
Old 12-30-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah I mean most my mates realise I can be a ******* when I drink but yet when they wnt someone to have a party and laugh with they always contact me! then in the morning when they can handle there hangovers im in the pub first thing in the morning or buying booze from the shop! Its a vicious circle

Tonight will be my second night without any so I just hope I get some sleep
Old 12-30-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello, and welcome.
I was in the same boat as you. I went through the viscious cycle of trying to quit and relapsing over and over.
I, too, would be at the bar or liquor store first thing. Doing shots of whiskey at 8 am. Real social drinking, eh?
It's been three years now since I've had a drink, and I was a bad drunk. You can do it too.
It may take changes in your lifestyle, including finding new, sober mates if your current ones won't support you.
You're not alone in your struggle, and I'm glad you found this place. Post and read. Many of us have successfuly quit drinking, and others still struggle. You can learn something from all.

Best to you.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for that ghostlight1, the amount of things ive ruined in my life all because I just have one night drinking and it ends up drinking for a week at a time and losing jobs or waking up in cells because ive been fighting!

My longest time off it has been 3 weeks but then my brain tells me im fresh so one night wont hurt but its back to square 1! So depressing
Old 12-30-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!

There's loads of info and support here, great job on Day 2!!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That's how I found this place. I've googled withdrawal god knows how many times and lurked here for a couple years before joining.

All my husband's friends drink so when we go out or they come here, everyone including him is drinking. I've brushed off my not drinking due to a medicine change and because I'm trying to lose weight. I still get prodded to have just one, but they eventually give up.

It is really hard when your friends just want to go out and drink but I've managed to get our group into non drinking outings.

I hope your withdrawal isn't too bad!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome..
Old 12-30-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi LG, you're story sounds very familiar. I also have a trail of lost jobs and girlfriends, as well as sleepovers at the local police station. I have friends that also enjoy at night out drinking but they never have the consequences I have brought upon myself. That is the surest sign that my drinking is not normal. Welcome to the site!
Old 12-30-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome fellow Scotland-er lol!
Old 12-30-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Mary2

hello and welcome...im Scottish too its in our genes lol....its great here for support. im on day 5. be strict with ur mates that u don't drink. its your life not theirs xxxxx
Old 12-30-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well that's another night free of alcohol and if I can get past new years eve tomorrow I will be impressed with myself! Still rattling and having weird dreams but I know that's all the alcohol coming out of me

All day I have been thinking if in a years time and I still hadn't had alcohol how different my life will be
Old 12-30-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR LGUNIT

D
Old 12-30-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Wow, you are doing really well! That's exactly what you need to do, keep your eye on the prize.

One day at a time and just don't ever take that first drink again, even if you start thinking, I've stopped for x days, I'm feeling better, why not just a couple for one night. I fell in that trap a lot in my previous attempts.

This time my mind is on, I will never drink again and nothing can stop me.