Notices

angry and hostile feelings

Old 12-29-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

angry and hostile feelings

My latest wave of emotions includes some significant hostile feelings towards my family and childs mother, bordering on hatred. I'm aware that my extremes in mood are exasperated right now due to being so early in recovery. I've been suppressing a lot of emotions off feeling wronged by these people. At this point I can't even look at my kids mom without feeling like a damn fool for letting the relationship go on for so much longer than it should have. Every moment I spend sober around this woman I feel more solid in my decision to end the relationship. I have to deal with her on a daily basis because our son is so young, and I have to keep my cool. I felt great comming from my AA meeting to see my son, but just a few minutes around her got me bent out of shape.

So here I am trying to calm myself.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Yes, keep calm and don't lend any ammunition. It's still early days. Just stay calm until you decide what you want to do. I was in a very similar position.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KateL View Post
Yes, keep calm and don't lend any ammunition. It's still early days. Just stay calm until you decide what you want to do. I was in a very similar position.
I ended the relationship recently. I'm certain it was for the best, for my son and myself. Maybe I'm just looking for advice on how to get past the anger and move on with my life.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I ended up feeling sorry for my ex and my ex in laws, though it took practice. They treated me so badly but they were also very damaged. So I am on my own now and happy to be so. Makes life so much easier and I still have my kids