Notices

Ativan withdrawals. Please help me.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ativan withdrawals. Please help me.

I quit Ativan cold turkey on December 21. I am going through horrible withdrawals. Panic attacks really bad all day long.

I'm scared I'm going to die.

Also a bit of withdrawals from drinking during the Holidays after a few months sober.

My doctor prescribed me Celexa (Citalopram) to ease the panic attacks and withdrawal. I am scared of taking more pills.

Please tell me I am going to get better. Any success stories would help me so much. I am scared.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keeping your dr. informed is really important when coming off the pills, so good....be very honest with your doc.

If you stay clean, it will certainly get better. It takes a while for your brain & body to reset!

Good Luck, stay with it!!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think You should listen to your Doctor's advise...You ought to be Much More Afraid of Nasty/Dangerous withdrawals at this point and do what He Says !!!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I will do that and do what the doctor told me. I can't do this alone. Thank you.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you're doing the right thing by talking to your dr and taking his advice.

And, please know that we are here for you.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

After that, You can get some well-needed rest, maybe-You'll need Your strength for the time ahead...Take Care of Yourself, patricia68 !!!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

patricia68, don't be afraid to call the Doctor if you feel worse. Please listen to his advice and get through this withdrawal as comfortably as possible.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am going through a medically supported benzo withdrawal right now also. It sucks! I am so sorry you are having to go through this. It is really important to follow the medical advice you're given because the withdrawal from benzos is a pretty unique experience. Hang in there and just think about how much better things will get once you're off the meds and your body normalizes!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Anxiety is the worst feeling. As I mentioned to someone here already, I'd rather have depression than anxiety. I used to get real panic attacks all the time, from being alone too much, and then from quitting ambien. There are anxiety forums online, and books, with helpful suggestions.
One thing I learned is that real panic attacks will subside in half an hour or less. You won't die just because you may feel like you're going to. You never did before . Remember, feelings are not FACTS. I've had them at work before and the fastest cure was for a customer to come in so I got distracted and involved in something besides thinking about how anxious I felt.

Keep talking to Doc, and don't worry because anxiety has many cures
Old 12-30-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have panic attacks all day long, all night long. I can barely sleep. It's been three days now and I wonder if it will ever stop.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I have panic attacks all day long, all night long. I can barely sleep. It's been three days now and I wonder if it will ever stop.
Withdrawals will stop, yes. Have you spoken with your doctor that the meds prescribed are not helping, or are you still not taking them?
Old 12-30-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am taking the first pill today. I know it might take a few days to work