SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Booze to crack (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/317615-booze-crack.html)

Bbomaha 12-28-2013 10:29 AM

Booze to crack

I did it again. Losing that battle.

soberhawk 12-28-2013 10:36 AM

If you do not give up - you will win in the end.

Welcome to SR.

Ghostlight1 12-28-2013 10:43 AM

You may have lost a battle, but you didn't lose the war. I hope you can keep yourself drug and alcohol free. I failed many times to stop, so you're not alone.
Just don't give up the battle.

Bbomaha 12-28-2013 10:48 AM

600 bucks later. Very dissapointed, discouraged and wounded.

Mizzuno 12-28-2013 10:48 AM

Lets give this another try. Do not give up on yourself. One day at a time. What could be done differently the next time alcohol or crack, or both, appear into your day?

Bbomaha 12-28-2013 10:53 AM

I'm sure I need to start hitting meetings again. Its been about a year and a half. it all starts with a couple of drinks and it's off to the races.

PurpleKnight 12-28-2013 10:54 AM

Yeah as much support as you need is a good plan!! . . . there's very few of us that can do this on our own!! . . . but don't give up, try again!! :)

EverySngleNight 12-28-2013 11:01 AM

Are you willing to seek help? It's interesting to me that no war has ever been won by anyone all alone, and yet the one thing we can't seem to surrender to- is the help of others. But, we'll wave the white flag in order to use... I know I have!!

I'm glad you're here at SR and welcome. Everyone is very helpful and there is so much information too. I look forward to hearing more from you. Keep posting!!

Ghostlight1 12-28-2013 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bbomaha (Post 4372563)
I'm sure I need to start hitting meetings again. Its been about a year and a half. it all starts with a couple of drinks and it's off to the races.

Same with me. Went through it so many times I couldn't count them.
Remember how you feel now and realize you never have to feel that way again if you don't have that first drink/hit.

I feel for you. And wish you the best.

KateL 12-28-2013 12:29 PM

You can beat it. Many of us have been in that boat xxx

Mizzuno 12-28-2013 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bbomaha (Post 4372563)

Ya, I think this is how it starts with most people. One is too much and never enough.

Meetings are a great plan. I do not attend meetings, but I did at one time. I think they are a great tool.

2bhappier 12-28-2013 01:04 PM

Well I haven't even really TRIED to stop yet so I feel your pain. I know there must be hope for both of us. Look at all of the people who respond and say they tried over and over again until they got it. I'll keep pulling for you!

Thepatman 12-28-2013 01:34 PM

You can definitely win this no question about it.
If it can help, make a list of the things you want back in your life.

Stick it in the fridge for a constant reminder.

We are here for you!

Dee74 12-28-2013 01:42 PM

Welcome Bbomaha :)

When I find I'm losing a battle - any battle - I call in reinforcements...
I think more meetings and more support is a great idea :)

D

least 12-28-2013 01:57 PM

:welcome

You can get and stay sober but you have to want to be sober more than you want to drink.

Bbomaha 12-28-2013 05:04 PM

thank you all for your posts. I spent most the day sleeping on the couch after last night.