Notices

It happened at 130am

Old 12-29-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It happened at 130am

When I was drinking I would wake up at 130 think how stupid I have been and not fall asleep till 530 just in time to wake up at 6am and feel like hell the rest of the day. Well since I decided to quit last night I did wake up at 130 but this time,since I hadn't drank, felt fine and went right back to sleep.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's terrific! How excellent!
Old 12-29-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Realising my life

That is lovely, Pmaub And it will keep getting better too!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep, I sleep so much better since I quit drinking. Being 53, I still wake up once a night to visit the bathroom, but I fall right back to sleep. When I was drinking, that mid-night wake up would usually entail a couple of hours of tossing and turning only to fall back into a light, uneasy sleep until the alarm would ring shortly thereafter.

Sleeping is so enjoyable these days! It's one of my favorite things!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, I'm with everyone else.
Sleep is so much better without alcohol in your system.

Insomnia is more or less a thing of the past for me now.

You have lots to look forward too sober!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Isn't that the truth! Thank you for the reminder, Pmaub
Old 12-29-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

that sounds very familiar. Waking up and piecing together events of the previous drunken hours then the guilt and later on after getting a bit of sleep to be woken up by anxiety and your heart almost pounding out of your chest. It was like living in hell.

You will see that your sleep will improve and when you do wake up you will feel fine and guilt free and relieved that alcohol is no longer in charge of your life. I wish you all the best and keep going - I promise it gets so much better
Old 12-29-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No doubt my sleep is already improving (5 days today) but I have had longer periods of sobriety and you forget how crappy alcohol makes you feel/sleep/look until you're out from under its thumb. Keep it up, it will just keep getting better.
The vicious cycle for me was, every morning waking up and swearing off the booze "that's it I'm done" or "today's the day" and every once in awhile I'd get a day or two under my belt white knuckling it, and then the beast would creep in (usually around 5 o'clock) It told me that I deserved a drink after all the BS I had to deal with at work. It would play games too like, "why quit on a Wed, make it Mon" or "you will only drink two Martinis" until that became 2 pints..
Now I look back and think "the beast is crazy" and the demon that lives inside my head is powerless without my will. It is a near lifeless little pest, a tick or leech that solely survives off of me for it's very life. You can call it whatever you want, I prefer "It" or "the Beast" but I don't let it call the shots anymore.
I AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOL, sorry 12 steppers. That's what they want you to believe so you'll Need Them, kinda sounds like a Beast tactic hmmmm??? I have all of the control it's just that I gave it away for far too long and while I may have been out of control, I'm calling the shots now and it's not a shot of vodka or 20.
So I went off a little bit 😁 but my God it feels great! So keep up the good work and those pink clouds will come and go just like those black ones, best to keep you're head out of the clouds if you can and reclaim you're place among the Living. Welcome back!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hated those early, early morning anxiety wake up sessions. I selfishly would try to wake my husband up to talk me down from my anxiety and fill me in with any antic I might have forgotten about. UGH!

You will be happy to know that in a few weeks you will peacefully sleep throughout the night and wake up more well rested than you could have ever imagined.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I had the same sleep pattern Pmaub. I would fall asleep, wake up around 1:00 am and be awake til around 5:00 with anxiety over my guilt from drinking and fear of what I was doing to my body.

Amazingly..,,since the first night of sobriety I have been sleeping like a baby:-). 8 months tomorrow now!