Notices

We hear what we want

Old 12-28-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

We hear what we want

I got a text last night about 8pm. A number I don't recognize and not programmed in my phone.

It reads:
"Good evening to you. I'm at a funeral of a coworker 32 years old. In this life we just don't know. So I'm saying to you, I love you! Be blessed always."

I spent yesterday with my head under the covers. A result of a visit to my past over the holiday and my underestimating the impact. I thought I am not going to drink because of it. I will wait it out with food, movies, cats and covers. Didn't take the sadness away but it did make it so there was no bartender with me.

I got angry when I got this message. I thought who the hell would say that to someone they don't know well enough to be programmed into the phone. That not for me. I don't feel very lovable at this moment.

I felt really bad I had to text this person that thanks for loving me but who are you again?

They text back after awhile. I almost just deleted the reply but I read it. It was someone I have had some deep and good conversations with when at the local bar in New York. A godly and kind person.

I deleted his number since A I didn't drink anymore and B I don't live in New York anymore.

I want to dismiss the note. But sometimes we need to hear what we need to hear.

If it were anyone else I would think they were sadly misguided. But this person. If any higher power was going to nudge me to get my arse out of bed it would be him. Only him.

I slept so well last night. Even after a day of sleeping.

I woke with such a deep sense of relaxation and being well rested. My mood lifted and I am excited for my day.

Here is to letting the sadness go. The past be what it is since I can't change it. And to messages of unexpected consequences when I needed it most.

Today I am getting a massage... One I put off yesterday. Going to a movie... One at a cinema and not in my bedroom.

Open your mind to what comes your way. Sometimes it's what you hear and not what's being said.

K
Old 12-28-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Listening is a skill we learned before we could talk , What is the world telling you about life and what are you telling the world about life ?

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-28-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find...

Be well, Brother.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow, Ken. I had one of those seemingly random things happen to me on Christmas morning. I was also in a funk although was with someone who wouldn't let me hide in bed all day...although that was my inclination.

At first I was like, "WTF? Why me with this right now?"

But after I thought about it for awhile, it kind of made perfect sense.

Yeah, we hear what we want to hear. And we see what we want to see. So sometimes it's good when something else gets shoved into our perspective to remind us that we're not the only game in town.

Enjoy that massage!

xo
Old 12-28-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Death is one of those things that we are all guaranteed, yet we never know when it will come knocking on our doors. This friend whom you don't speak with was probably realizing the inevitable. I'm not sure why you were a part of this equation is his head, but he got you out of bed and onto doing what you are supposed to be doing......Movie and massage. I would think that this was a divine intervention as well. Ken, you are fabulous. I am sorry that you have been feeling low. The move, new surroundings, starting over, and whatever else has been going on. A lot of healing and moving through the emotions. It all seems like a lot. I am glad that you feel safe with your emotions here and that you post. You are loved. Please have a good day. What movie are you going to see?
Old 12-28-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Great post as always, Ken