Notices

drank yesterday

Old 12-28-2013, 02:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

drank yesterday

Today is a new day. Disappointed in myself.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't let it get to you. You can do this now and permanently. Good luck and congratulations on your resolve.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not to worry, yesterday is in the past, chin up, today is a brand new day to be Sober!!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

did you get to that AA meeting yesterday serotonin?

D
Old 12-28-2013, 02:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have a guy from AA reaching out to me and inviting me to meetings. I don't know why but it scares me. I also made plans with a drummer friend to have a jam session. Nerves got the better of me. What the hell is wrong with me, I can't even make plans without freaking out and wanting to isolate. I had almost 5 days going.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
did you get to that AA meeting yesterday serotonin?

D
No I isolated.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey serotonin ,
sorry to hear that you drank . Get back on the sober bike and maybe sus out how you fell off , got to be a better way of dealing with whatever was going on i recon ?

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-28-2013, 02:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Why am I so affraid to be myself and to let people get close to me?
Old 12-28-2013, 02:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fear is a big one. Trust is too.

But I really believe noone does this alone - we need to learn to reach out - especially when we're in trouble...even if it's just on SR for now - post before you take that drink

We can make different choices

D
Old 12-28-2013, 02:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It's a disappointment I know, but start again and you will crack it eventually. Are you seeing anyone about your problems with your nerves? I have terrible nerves and find that helps x
Old 12-28-2013, 03:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I messed up, but I'm not going to let it drag me back into my drinking routine. I'm not going to drink today.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Fear is a big one. Trust is too.

But I really believe noone does this alone - we need to learn to reach out - especially when we're in trouble...even if it's just on SR for now - post before you take that drink

We can make different choices

D
You know, I never thought of it until now but I dont trust anyone. Wow.

I'm thinking more and more about the thought that drinking alcohol is just a symptom of a greater issue. I think today I will make a strong effort to reach out again.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You've just to be willing to try one more time than you're able to fail. Simple in a way, not easy but simple. There will always be some temptation or excuse to cave in and drink but even more reasons not to.

I always thought the old AA line, "Don't quit before the miracle happens" was cheesy but it's really true. When I decided I needed to quit drinking I had the idea that the fun part of my life was over and I'd just have to learn to accept whatever miserable existence that was left. Man, there's no possible way I could have been more wrong!!! I wouldn't give a nickel for the old way of living, and I have zero desire to go back to spending my days at the bottom of a wine glass.

If you stick it out "until the miracle happens" you'll be amazed at what you'll get out of it.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Trust needs to be earned - but I promise you if you reach out here, you'll get something back - always

D
Old 12-28-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
I have a guy from AA reaching out to me and inviting me to meetings. I don't know why but it scares me. I also made plans with a drummer friend to have a jam session. Nerves got the better of me. What the hell is wrong with me, I can't even make plans without freaking out and wanting to isolate. I had almost 5 days going.
Because it's the unknown and were not comfortable.Im sposed to be going to an AA meeting today but I have 5 ready made excuses that ive come up with myself.Dont worry your not rowing by yourself,there's others with ores fighting the tide as well!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
You know, I never thought of it until now but I dont trust anyone. Wow.

I'm thinking more and more about the thought that drinking alcohol is just a symptom of a greater issue. I think today I will make a strong effort to reach out again.
Drinking alcohol is just a symptom of a greater issue, you are correct - most people don't understand that. It's really hard to get out of the house sometimes, believe me I know. Sometimes it takes me more willpower than I thought I ever had. Once I get to meetings though, I'm like "Why was I being that way?? I enjoy this" Usually makes me feel better. For me drinking alcohol was a way to cope with the feelings, depression, anxiety - alcohol provided me SHORT-TERM relief, with LONG-TERM consequences. For me, I told myself to not drink for at least a few months - I drank for years - can't I go a few months??? This at least set the bar to clear my brain of alcohol. Call people, talk to people. Eventually we have to trust and make connections - or we will never get through anything in life. Addiction loves isolation, separation, lack of trust. It feeds the thought patterns to make you drink/drug.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I found AA very supportive after I relapsed. You'll find a lot of warm hearted, understanding people there.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Johnston View Post
I found AA very supportive after I relapsed. You'll find a lot of warm hearted, understanding people there.
I think you should just give one meeting a shot. You will probably be surprised. Its a lot like being here, but in real life.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
I think you should just give one meeting a shot. You will probably be surprised. Its a lot like being here, but in real life.
I did a meeting on Christmas, but haven't been back. Yesterday would have been a good day to go, but that's yesterday. I'm over it, and moving foreward with today. I made plans to go jam with a friend who plays drums. I wanted to back out but this will be good for me. Just the two of us, no alcohol or drugs. at 8 PM I will have gone 24 hours without a drink.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Give it another go. Reach out. Find a different tool to use. We have to make different decisions and not ones that "feel" good at the time. Post on here. Pick up the phone and call someone. Do one thing different. This sets change into motion.