Notices

goodbye sr

Old 12-28-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Anyway, thanks for the lovely thoughts, there are some amazing people here, have a safe and sober new yr xxxxxx
You are also a truly amazing person even though right now you don't think so. We all care about you and we care what happens to you.

We all share a bond Lorelei, through the good times and bad times. We are all here for each other drunk or sober, ready or not, relapses etc. We have all been there and we have all been thru it. You can lean on us if you have to, we all don't mind .
Old 12-28-2013, 12:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I hope you will stick around, Lorelei. It's been great having you here and you've helped others more than you know. Everyone deserves love and acceptance, and you're no difference. We won't bash you because you slip or because you're on self destruct- we don't judge.

It's been great getting you know you Lorelei. Remember, the door will be open and we'll always be here for you if you need to talk.

Be well!
Old 12-28-2013, 12:47 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Don't do it. We are a family!
Old 12-28-2013, 12:52 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

We will be here for you if and when u come back
Old 12-28-2013, 01:14 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I totally understand. I felt exactly the same as you just over 12 months ago. I felt a fraud,dishonest even for keep being on SR for over a year yet kept going back to drinking,The more it happened the worse I felt. I even changed my username-that is not something I ever tell anyone as still feel dishonest and ashamed.

Please don't do what I did and leave. I understand now that those feelings are just the AV trying to keep us away from SR and keep us drinking. It is precisely at times like this that you need to use SR more, not less. The fact you even came to say goodbye shows you don't really want to leave but are desperate and need help.That is nothing to be ashamed of. You know if you leave SR nothing will change. Reach out for the help that is there for you
Old 12-28-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Believe ME, Lorelei- I have felt Exactly the Same Way-Like a Fraud-a phony-I was on that "Contact Us" page for Exactly the Same Reasons-But I know I have few options and REALLY want to Connect. I know the more I come here-read and Post, things can only get BETTER-They HAVE to, for OUR Sake...

AL xxxx
Old 12-28-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

If alcohol addiction was as easy as waking up one morning and deciding "that's it, no more alcohol" without any support or help required . . . there wouldn't even be a need for SR and it wouldn't be called an addiction.

The community exists not for those times when we're on top form, racking up the Sober days like a Sober pro . . . but instead for those times we come so close to heading down the liqueur store!

"A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link" . . . so too with SR!!
Old 12-28-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Lorelei, we are all flawed here, all our own shade of gray. We are to help others and ourselves. There is no "minimum performance requirement for membership" or whatever of that ilk. We all fail and we all keep trying. If we weren't struggling we wouldn't be here in the first place. We all want you to stay.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post

Goodbye SR friends, ive decided to request my account be deleted.
once most have had a taste of sobriety
they come back to sobriety if they don't die out there
all of your friends here on site will be waiting for your return

Mountainman
Old 12-28-2013, 01:52 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Its unanimous Lorelei , we all want you to stay. I think it would be in your best interests to keep reading posts hun.
It's gotta be better than severing the lifeline , cos that's literally what SR is.

You have helped so many people here , let us reciprocate.

Don't shut us out .

You matter , you really do. Xxx
Old 12-28-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi lorelei, you are valued and supported here regardless of where you are in your recovery. When we are struggling we need more support not less. I hope you choose to stay. I used to isolate myself and drink and it nearly killed me. Don't make that mistake. Make 2014 a healthy and happy year for you. You deserve it. Best wishes.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:14 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I haven't read all the posts here Lorelei so I am sure I will just be repeating what others have said but don't fall into the trap of thinking you are undeserving of help. That is the alcohol/addiction speaking pure and simple. I hated myself so much when I was drinking but I was amazed how much of that cleared up just by being sober, even before I put any effort in. Just the act of making right choices made me have some level of self respect and that sort of stuff snow balls. The right choice now would be to stick around SR. Clearly everyone cares about you here and that may be just what you need right now and also because you are drinking is exactly the reason you should stay. SR is for those struggling, not for people who have it all sorted. Don't let your addiction isolate you x
Old 12-28-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Lorelei dont shut us out we all need each other if you dont want to post or cant thats ok .I cant post much at the moment but it really helps to read come on your a septemberite x
Old 12-28-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

If you leave, I am going to feed a puppy neat whisky, do you want that on your conscience? A puppy Lorelei!
Old 12-28-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Lorelei, new here and I couldn't get on this forum for hours last night. I need to be here with all these fine people. From what I have read they want you here because you contribute so much. I hope you reconsider. Be good to yourself.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

lorelei ,

Account or no account , drunk or sober , visiting SR or not visiting SR , i send you best wishes on your journey .
God willing i'll still be here and sober if you decide to return , don't give up on yourself

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-28-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies

gave me a lot to think about.. I do see things in black and white and I dont cut myself the slack i encourage others to..give myself the love I lack, that I need.

so ive just completed an online assessment for a drug and alcohol rehab clinic 40 miles from here so I await a reply and I hope, a place there.

Thanks for helping me see what I need to do/be.

Ll xx♡
Old 12-28-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Lorelei, I am not the best at saying just the right hting, but I hope you do stay. I have not been the shining example of sobriety here, but feel more love and support here these days than just about anywhere else in my life. I am getting emotional typing those words. I hope you can find that hope here as well. Stay with us.

Honestly, how amazing is it that all of us, virtual strangers, come here and get so brutally honest in the name of healing and becoming whole again? it is an amazing place. You are part of what makes it be that sort fo place.

You need us, I think, and we need you. Please keep on trying.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Yeah I hated myself (still do) - it's one of the symptoms of alcoholism. Self-hatred. Drinking sure takes that away - temporarily, then causes things to make us hate ourselves more. You deserve the gift of sobriety and of the friendships of people here (and where you live) who have struggled with the same place you are in. Your brain wants you dead - cutting off anything to contribute to sobriety - SR, treatment, etc. Know there are people who love you more than you love yourself right now.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

There may come a day when I allow someone else to determine who deserves my kindness and who does not.

But it isn't today.

And it will NEVER, EVER be your AV that makes that decision, so quit letting it start threads with your account name.

YOU can do this.