Notices

goodbye sr

Old 12-27-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Lorelei, you have added so much to this community with your generous support and understanding. Please let us return the favor, leaning on others and asking for help is hard for me too, but it is getting easier. I feel safe here and it is because of people like you.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lorelei I hope you stay. This is a great place for understanding, no matter where you are in your journey. Keep, keeping on
Old 12-27-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Black or white, all or nothing, yes thats me... Unfortunately.

My psych told me to stop being so tough with myself but if I was a better person id be easier to love, be with, more deserving of being sober, I drink to punish. Not for pleasure anymore.

Anyway, thanks for the lovely thoughts, there are some amazing people here, have a safe and sober new yr xxxxxx
Old 12-27-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
I agree sr is amazing, but im not very deserving of the kindness ppl show. I can't keep a grip on my sobriety and I can't talk about it either, iknow isolation is dangerous but I just want to hide away
It's your decision but I would like to know that I count on your reply's; I find your posts interesting, honest, and heartfelt; and that I will miss you. If you don't think you deserve the kindness people show you then I supposed we could all agree to beat you up every once in a while!

Seriously, please don't go but if you do, Godspeed!
Old 12-27-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

The way I became a better person was to stop drinking...that allowed my perceptions and preconceptions to clear, and for me to look with new eyes at old problems.

Altho I certainly had some work to do, I found I wasn't actually the bad guy I always thought I was or, for their own warped reasons, that family and loved ones told me I was.

I hope you'll find that out too Lorelei
Noone who gave as much to others as you have here could be that bad, IMO

D
Old 12-27-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You were one of the first people I "met" here, and your kind postings
and lovely smile were why I came back and felt safe enough to join.

You matter and you have helped people here.
We will be here for you too.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My psych told me to stop being so tough with myself but if I was a better person id be easier to love, be with, more deserving of being sober, I drink to punish. Not for pleasure anymore.

Anyway, thanks for the lovely thoughts, there are some amazing people here, have a safe and sober new yr xxxxxx
I am this way too. Its part of our problem. Continuing this just fuels the mindsets. Break the curse LL one step at a time. Maybe not do the sober thing today but at least stick around and post.

You seem stubborn like myself though, so I am guessing you have made up your mind. In this case, please feel free to return at some point. Speaking for myself, I know I will miss you
Old 12-27-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I just found this in one of your threads...

I think being a man is knowing when to ask for help, directions and reach out to people and professional around as tools to improve ones self. Its also alright to show emotion too.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My bad stupid Iphone got the search wrong.

I'm sure you can go back to some stuff you wrote to remember your path?
Old 12-27-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I agree sr is amazing, but im not very deserving of the kindness ppl show. I can't keep a grip on my sobriety and I can't talk about it either, iknow isolation is dangerous but I just want to hide away
Oh you certainly are deserving as all humans are deserving of kindness from others...especially support from those struggling with similar struggles. I understand where you're coming from though as I recently deleted my account only to come back a couple of months later. I don't log in nearly as much as I used to but take comfort knowing there is a good community here when I need support. Be well and best wishes.....try not to hide too much - hoping there are people in your life you can reach out to.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
AlmA

Lorelei,

The worst thing you can do is shut down...
do not close it...
live this door open... In case you want to pop in sometimes...

I am not sober either...
I am not ashamed either...
we all are in different stages!!!

I still come in... I learn... I listen... they advice from experience...
Do at least live it open... tell what it is if we can help you...
I do the odds too and end up inside...
But this place will help you come out...
or get help outside...

but
do not close the Exit doors!!!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
AlmA

LL

Now one will
or has the right to judge you...
We come here to speak freely...
if you are back with that tea pot head... we support you...
Speak freely...
and you are here cos you want honesty...
You are free to be with you want.... even if it is a tea pot head...
It is your life...
we are one of your safety boats do not puncture it!!!

And I do not mind if fell of here and there... we all have done some point...
if you did not have this problem you would not be in here like US!

All my best wishes and support...
we are here 24-7-365!!!

Old 12-27-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you are in a dark place right now, Lorelei. We have all been there, and, sadly, many of us will end up there again. No one knows what the future holds. My two cents here is to respond to not feeling that you deserve kindness. You are a living, feeling human being going through tough times: This is when you deserve kindness the most. I don't know you, Lorelei, but on a human-to-human level, I truly hope that you will find some peace and happiness in your life. Please reconsider leaving SR. We are ready when you are. Peace.
-Malcolm
Old 12-27-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

please dont go. stay with us for a while.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Snap out of it! We don't care if you mess up! We all have many many many times over! Stay and realize we care and we will help you. We will never judge you. We are no different than you! We want to help you! You ARE worth saving! There is hope! Please stick around!
Old 12-27-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Stay stay stay!!! Isolating and pushing away support is probably the worst thing you can do for yourself when struggling. Self sabotage was my worst enemy. When I was drinking I avoided meetings like the plague. Bad choice on my part and sooo not helpful.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

You have made up your mind to leave and there are many here who want you to stay. Including myself. However, I will not tell you to stay or to go. I will say that the implication that you do not deserve the "kindness" that others are giving you does not make all that much sense. In reality, it is you, this place, along with whatever outside help that will get you moving in the right direction. If it is not this forum, then I hope that there is someplace that benefits the growth of Lorlei. No man is an Island. We all need people who are in our corners cheering for us. We need others to call us out on our BS, and shine the light when we lose our way.

Now, whatever direction you choose is up to you, and if you feel that this forum is holding you back from self destruction then I do understand. You may not want people to say "don't drink" but I think you posted because you do not want to drink. I think that sobriety has become very hard, and sometimes it seems easier to run in the other direction away from what is hard to what is comfortable, to what you know and have known. It is only you that can make the "right" decision. It is only you that can change and make the necessary decisions to promote positivity in your life. You are deserving of kindness and love. Deserving of a stellar life away from a poison that could be your demise. Seriously, I hope that you are able to find whatever it is that you are looking for. This forum helps us because we allow it to help us. We invite the goodness into our lives and form friendships with complete strangers over similar struggles. Everyone is deserving. Everyone.

Black and white. All or nothing. I have heard this many many times in my own life. There are other colors as well. I am learning to live with these other colors. Running solves nothing in the end. No matter where you go, there you are. Happy New Year to you also. Make a solid change for you because you are deserving. Sending you all the love I have in my heart.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I am new here & know just how you feel Lorelei....I really hope you stay You are not alone in how you are feeling. Be good to you
Old 12-27-2013, 09:46 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Black or white thinking took me to a dark place. Trying to break that mindset has been very difficult. Yes there are some amazing people on here and you are one of them. Your input has helped others. I have seen this myself. Others helping you in a tough moment helps them. We all have issues. We just have to keep working on getting better. I am certain you would forgive someone else for stumbling. Why not yourself? Treat yourself with the respect I have seen you show so many on here. Your input will be missed.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:41 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...41-so-sad.html

I once posted my goodbyes to SR Lorelei. I was broken too and in a dark dark place.

SR saved me...I am 19 months sober now and I couldn't begin to explain how different my life is. I am truly happy and grateful I stuck around.

This can be your story too. Don't give up x