Notices

Hello, accountability post.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello, accountability post.

Just wanted to make this post to say hi and also to give myself some accountability. Been sober for 8 going on 9 days now which is the longest I haven't drank in probably 10 years.

I am trying to break this down into chunks to make it easier, currently my goal is to hit 10 days. I was hoping it would get easier but it seems to be getting more difficult now, I want nothing more than to lose myself in drink, but I know if I stay occupied I think I can make it until tomorrow.

Anyways thanks for reading, I look forward to being an active and sober member of the community.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, Akro!! There is a ton of wonderful support here. Look around, post around. It will keep you occupied until tomorrow.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Akro - lots of support here

D
Old 12-26-2013, 10:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Akro!

You'll make it to day 10 - I believe it you, then another 10, etc.. That's how we start stringing days together !!

I've got 82 days today, I remember clearly being at the 9 or 10 day mark and really wanting to lose myself in a few drinks. The cravings get farther and fewer between, though for me the holidays have been more of a struggle to stay strong and play the tape through to the end. That's a big part of what keeps me sober is knowing I will 1000% regret it and 0% chance of regret if I don't take the first sip.

Keep posing and reading - and glad to have you here !

Shay
Old 12-26-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Akro. Welcome. Keep us posted. Let us know how things are going. We are all on this journey together.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's the way, Akro.....stay occupied & make through today, that's all you need to do for now. It's a pretty safe bet that tomorrow morning will look way better without a hangover than with one. And tomorrow just might be the day that things start to get easier.

Keep it up, good luck!!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

Welcome Akro! Please stay, and share your progress and experience.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Akro!!
Old 12-27-2013, 02:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Akro

Have you tried anything to help with cravings like urge surfing or just distracting yourself with something else... It seems so tough at first but it does get easier x
Old 12-27-2013, 02:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It does get better
Old 12-27-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

AKro!
The good news is that by day 8 or 9 you have more than likely broken the PHYSICAL addiction.
Now comes the hard part- the psychological.
You can do it!!
Do you have a decent support system?
Old 12-27-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it.

I somehow managed to make it through yesterday and I'm on my way to 10 days of sobriety
Old 12-28-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

10 days down, every day is still extremely tough, I cant believe how slow time seems to be moving. Really happy that I acheived my first goal though. Next step is 14 days, 4 more days seems like a ridiculously long time, but for the first time in my life I really think I can do it.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober from 11/19/13-1/18/14

Every day sober is a day you WON. I am at 40 days today and still struggle.. but I just tell myself, all I need to do is make it through TODAY. I will worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Facing one day is much easier than eternity. I have won the battle 40 days in a row.

Good luck!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

Just take it one day at time. Looking too far forward, even a few days, can become overwhelming. Give it some time- then you can begin looking more forward. Stay in the moment.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Last night was especially rough, I made it though. Day 11/14 down.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, sorry I did not post much, I have been browsing the forum often but finding myself not posting much. I am now more than 8 months sober and feeling absolutely incredible. I somehow managed to turn my life around and I could not be happier.

I am a huge hermit, always have and probably always will be. This made it very easy for me to go far longer without facing my problems, as I was the only one there to stop myself. While I have some family and friends, I am not close with them, and am far too much of a hermit to consider going to AA meetings.

My point being, if anyone out there is like me and is going through the battle that is quitting your addiction and doing it all by yourself, please send me a PM. I've learned a lot from my failed quitting attempts, and from finally succeeding for good. I would love to give any tips and support I can and would love an opportunity to give back.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Akro, this is so great to read. I am so glad you bumped this post up. I just opened it and read not realizing it was an old post. I thought "that is amazing, 10 days, I cannot wait to hit that milestone" I'm on day 6 here and yes, each day is a struggle. But then I saw your last post and WOW, more than 8 months, what an inspiration! Thank you!
Old 08-04-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Akro, I can't believe I just hit 30. I am kind of like you. It is overwhelming to think of not drinking long term. I just keep putting one foot in front of the other-one day at a time. You are right about the accountability. Just the idea of coming back to SR and admitting I relapsed has help me keep from drinking. (Even though everyone is always very welcoming to those of us who relapse.)