Notices

Reaching out from Isolation

Old 01-22-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Cool man ...ok I get it were here to help each other its easy to read things wrong on this forum at least with a head like mine. My own worst enemy. Thankyou
Old 01-22-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Well, I'm really glad you responded actually. To be honest I'm in the same place as you right now, I'd been sober quite a while but drank again yesterday and today. I'm here because I already know this isn't going to work either, and I need to figure out how to quit again and be at peace with it.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Swashbuckler

I was away from the forum for a while for I can't stand online communication anymore - my friendships are virtual, my business is all virtual, my passion is being done online for I can't do it in real life, my relationship that was broken in real life had its grotesque version online so I had been encountering virtual misunderstandings all the time.

What am I saying??

Here, at least, the people get it, as long as we deal with that "little weakness" of ours, we all share. Damn. Now, back to isolation. It is the only thing real left anyway

Good luck man, that's all I wanted to say, good luck!!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Liamhope View Post
Forgive me for expressing myself I get the sensation that I'm being told off. Did I say something wrong am I breaking any rules. I get that your incharge Dee but to trash my post like that feels aggressive and dogmatic. Your telling me what I already told you? I need help that's blatantly obvious. And fools gold Erm yeah its not fair right ill get over it thanks for that wow!
I'm scratching my head here a little.
I'm not sure why you read my post that way.

It was direct for sure, but sometimes I think a simple direct message is best...seems I misjudged my audience this time and I apologise for that.

it sounded like you feel things are hopeless and beyond your control - I wanted to remind you they are not
My point was that AA cliches are not your problem, and talking about them, or putting them down, is not going to get you sober - but action will.

It's wrong to think nobody can do anything for you...thats just your addiction talking...
People can help - but you need to ask for their help.

If you know all this already - that's great - so...what's your plan Liam?

D
Old 01-25-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I suggest the cliches, and your disgust, are an irrelevance, Liam - right now you need help.

There is a lot other people can do for you - if you reach out and ask for their help..

D
My disgust is irrelevant. It's relevant to me. And I have and do reach out for help and generally speaking people are selfish self absorbed ignorant and unhelpful. It's nothing new. I came to the rooms and I wasn't judged for example absolute rubbish... I was shown unconditional love... Not true...hasn't been my experience.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Peace and light.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you can get some help Liam - a supervised detox sounds like a good start.

D
Old 01-25-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Liam, welcome to SR
Old 01-29-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

....I have been incarcerated the whole weekend and most of Monday I nearly got sent to prison for reckless criminal damage I smashed my neighbour's front door window by accident..I had caught them using my bin so I ran out to apprehend them and they run into their house I was just behind them and as they slammed the door my hand went through their window slicing my hand to peices causing a big rukas and lots of blood...the police were called so I gave myself up rather than evade capture and make it worse... the arresting officer said I'd only be at the police station a few hours but I ended up their the whole weekend... due to my mental health issues I had to wait for an appropriate adult that didn't turn up that was Friday night... the cell was like something out of hell... all i could do was sleep but you can only sleep so much ...so Saturday come and finally solicitor and appropriate adult showed but they ended up not giving me bail because. Of my previous breaking bail conditions by Sundays I was all sleeped out and the cell stank of suffering I never wanna go back their again and.then Monday morning they take me to court and the court cells were even worse and they were cold I went infront of the judge pleaded guilty and they gave me 100 fine and let me go but I nearly got sent to prison I was so scared and vulnerable by this time as I hadn't had my meds in 3 days thank god they let me go and so I just made it on time to my appointment Monday about rehab and detox. I just been lying around ever since as if I were in a cell of my own creation except I got a tv and Internet in this cell so I can distract myself a little. I overeacted where my neighbor was concerned and I payed a heavy price for doing so.... Very humbling experience. I need to take a real good look at my life and where it's heading...Please God I go into detox within the next ten days fingers crossed. Got out today and went to group felt good felt reconnected like coming out of this nightmare is possible
Old 01-29-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry all that happened Liam. Hope you get into treatment soon

D
Old 01-31-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Closing the gates of Oblivion

I am so sorry that this is happening to you Liamhope. I am always wondering if you are doing alright and hope that this turns out for the best. I believe in you. Things can change...try, try again. I know it is frustrating.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Sorry you had such an ordeal the last few days. Stay positive and strong. I wish the best and hope to hear how you are feeling.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Sorry things have been rough Liam. Hope you get in to a program of some sort soon.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:37 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

what resources are available to you? try anything. isolating is sad and depressing. you've come so far! congrats!
Old 02-03-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Wow thankyou guys and gals for your support I can't do this alone...THEY ACCEPTED ME AT THE REHAB!!!!!!!went to the assessment today and it went fine... Can't believe it I was worrying all weekend whilst trying to stay clean and sober... I got a feeling good things are in the post for me this year YES!!!
Old 02-03-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Fantastic!!!!!
Old 02-03-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

welcome Liam.... hope you feel safe here. Perhaps the added layer of distance and anonymity around these virtual tables will provide you a safety zone where you can unload some of your truth that you struggle with.... I know that's an essential part of the process.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Finally something good has happened to me... Now for the hard work inpatient detox starts this week am almost terrified and excited at the same time... Wow