Notices

What Have YOU done for a Drink?

Old 12-26-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What Have YOU done for a Drink?

I did not Plan very well and found Myself without a Drink 9:30pm, Christmas Day evening-I had No Idea where to find a Bootlegger and Really didn't want to deal with My Psychotic Cousins for a Supply-So Guess what I did-I Checked into a Hotel with Room Service-Worked out to about $25 a Beer when all was Said and Done, with the Room Rental, etc...WOW

Peace
AL xoxo
Old 12-26-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When the addict mind takes over, no lengths are too much, nothing is impossible . . . getting a taxi to the nearest late license liqueur store, attending a night club that opens until 6am or how about the classic last orders at the bar, ordering a triple measure, drinking it within 30mins and then going to the club that is opened until 6am!!

Been there and got the T-Shirt!!
Old 12-26-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it would have been a lot cheaper to post here for help Diffingo
Got a plan for getting sober?

D
Old 12-26-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Never thought of that. Well never had to actually, I always had contingency stock piles.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I structured my whole life around drinking. I became a bartender and then a bar manager. My job came with free drinks (anything of any caliber) and it was encouraged to drink and buy drinks for regulars and for marketing. Part of my job was tasting any new products, fancy gifts from vendors and an excuse to drink everyday.

It was hard to resist. I set myself up to make drinking an acceptable part of my life. There were a lot of alcoholics around me as well. Some have stopped drinking like me but most are not in great shape now.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
Never thought of that. Well never had to actually, I always had contingency stock piles.
Great forward planning skills!! . . .I always ran out and had to go looking!!

The madness of it all is incredible!!
Old 12-26-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

With a few 24 hr bars down the street from me that showed no prejudgment for people that showed up at 7 am for a nip before work..I pretty much had no rules or regulations on my alcoholism or any problem getting some if I wanted
Old 12-26-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Couldn't do it-I couldn't Reach Out-I Panicked-Woke up there the next day (today) and was Supremely Amazed-I was in such Disbelief that I Orchestrated ALL that for a few Drinks-I have a HUGE problem with Hangovers/Withdrawal-I NEED to Wean off, like I did before-Just looking for the right time-I want this BAD-I Will-I have some support now-A REAL Person-No offence, You have ALL been such a help in My Mindset here, but I'm finding I need something OTHER than CYBER-HELP now...I really want to hit Her HomeGroup Breakfast Meeting here on Sunday...I have to-This is just getting Ridiculous and I Truly MISS My 6 Weeks-They were so Empowering...She told Me I could call ANYTIME, Day or Night-No Worries-Go over to the House-Stay a few days if I want-So supportive...I just kind of forgot about My Friend in all My Confusion and I didn't want Her to know, actually that I was "Losing It" here...
Old 12-26-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by diffingo911 View Post
I did not Plan very well and found Myself without a Drink 9:30pm, Christmas Day evening-I had No Idea where to find a Bootlegger and Really didn't want to deal with My Psychotic Cousins for a Supply-So Guess what I did-I Checked into a Hotel with Room Service-Worked out to about $25 a Beer when all was Said and Done, with the Room Rental, etc...WOW

Peace
AL xoxo
Sorry you are struggling
Old 12-26-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If I wasn't working, I would usually wake up and drink anything I had leftover from the previous night, and then walk to the liquor store. Sometimes I'd walk to the liquor store twice in one day...

It was all hard liquor too, so that was particularly hard on my body.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

diffingo

Use the person you have in real life and also see a doctor if you can. If you stop today, the withdrawals should be mostly over by New Year's Day. Then you can start 2014 afresh with a sober mindset.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This brings up some pretty bad memories for me. But, if I'm too continue my path of sobriety I'll have to face these memories at some point.

Lets see, I've stolen all the change from my mother's piggy banks, asked for help paying bills or for gas money... Basically manipulated people who loved me and still do.

Pawned all my music gear during a 6 moths coke binge.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some people really need that face to face support - I hope you'll find it in AA diffingo

D
Old 12-26-2013, 10:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh Yeah, Serotonin-I hear You-I have also Pawned in the Past-I forgot about that...It was About 15 Years ago...
Old 12-27-2013, 03:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It all brings back memories. I hope you find the support you need today xxx
Old 12-27-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Nothing too extreme but I didn't bother rotating the shop I brought alcohol from and after a few days the lady in the shop became concerned and eventually said "I can't serve you because you reek of alcohol and I don't want to be responsible for anything that might happen to you after you've drunk it". Extremely humiliating stuff. May not sound that bad, but it's still an image that haunts me now in the small hours of the night.... Her look of concern and worry about me and her colleagues look of utter disdain and disgust . I wish I could go back to that shop to show and slam a bottle of Evian water on the counter to show them I'm better, but alas I've moved back home since so will never get the chance...