Notices

I am his trigger and I have to leave

Old 12-26-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am his trigger and I have to leave

Hello everyone I hope you all had a peaceful happy Christmas

It has just hit me that I am my boyfriends trigger I know that apart from that I have to look out for me
I want to tell him that he means lot to me and that he us loved and has my friendship. That it will be easier and not out extra weight on him.
I do t know if this is the right thing and I don't want to play God.
I just want him to know that he has someone if he needs.

I hope that I can still come for help and advice because I could use the support and am feeling a bit awful about myself right now
Thanks
xx
Old 12-26-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You are always welcome here, T2. You are probably doing the best thing for yourself to leave the situation, but please don't believe that you in any way cause him to drink/use. We are just not that powerful.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Suki - you didn't cause anything.
I think this situation is not the best for you, but it's your choice what you do.

If you leave, leave for you, not for him Thoughtful.

D
Old 12-26-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey, you can be a fantastic person and an addict can still be triggered by you. It isn't your fault.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EndGame

Hi Thoughtful2.

I too believe that you're doing the right thing. If this is true love, then it likely will be available if and when he gets his considerable and destructive act together. The last thing any of us wants or needs is to jump on a runaway train that is so clearly headed for a wreck.

Don't ever believe that anything that happens to him next, that anything that he does next, is in any way your responsibility or your fault. I say this because blaming you for his many and formidable failures is part of his MO.

He's a man on a mission, and that mission appears to be not only destroying himself, but also the lives of those within his orbit.

Lastly, I think it would be much better for you and your physical and mental health to cut ties with this man completely. There's nothing in it for you to continue picking him up when he jumps each day from his portable ledge. That's not "playing God;" it's simply the most humane option for both of you.

Aim higher.