Notices

Day 4...

Old 12-25-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4...

Today is day four without a drink and as expected my emotions are all over the place. One minute I'm feeling good and doing things I haven't done in a while like play my guitar, read, write etc. The next minute I feel really anxious and irritable or feel like crying for no reason. I'm sure its because Im not suppressing my emotions with drugs and alcohol like I'm used to. One thing I have noticed is that I'm drinking a ton of water, I can't seem to quench my thirst no matter how much water or tea I drink. The carbohydrate cravings are getting pretty strong right about now when I would normally have downed about three of four beers by this time, probably more since today is a holiday. I guess a bag of chips and some pretzels aren't going to do any harm! Spending time at meetings and on SR has really given me allot of support to get through the cravings for alcohol and the emotional roller coaster I'm going through right now. Its nice to know there are people out there who offer their experience and support and are willing to listen!

Old 12-25-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done on your 4 days! I know it's up and down, I have similar roller coaster experience. When I feel sad I just let it be, and think it will get better.

So many here told me it would get better. THEY better be right or watch out! LOL!!

Keep going, your doing great
Old 12-25-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 4!!

The emotions will even out given time, keep pushing through them in the meantime and you'll get there!
Old 12-25-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You're still very early in so give yourself more time to heal, physically and emotionally. Treat yourself well: good food, rest, and exercise. You'll soon be feeling better.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JWC
- 12/24/13 -

Day 4 is great! I'm right there with you on the rollercoaster of emotions. Isn't it great to start doing things you don't do while drinking? Getting back on track with my lifting routine tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My day 4 just started 40 minutes ago. What you are describing sounds much like how I am feeling. Just want to share that you are not alone.