SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   10 days later I failed now back to day 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/317296-10-days-later-i-failed-now-back-day-3-a.html)

Josafe 12-25-2013 03:42 AM

10 days later I failed now back to day 3

Hi

Happy xmas everybody.

Ive been feeling really upset that after all the support I failed after 10 days. Silly really, used to alcohol to treat my the underlying problem - anxiety.

I am back to day 3 of being sober and my first ever Xmas sober with family.

I feel like I let myself and you people down. :gaah:gaah

ChrissieB 12-25-2013 03:45 AM

Hi Josafe Happy Christmas, you haven't failed, you are working on getting sober like all of us. Day three is awesome. xx

Josafe 12-25-2013 03:49 AM

Thanks.

I took some advice and been advised that taking some B vitamins and Saint Johns Warts will help.

I guess I had to understand the route cause.

But thanks for not giving up on me.

ChrissieB 12-25-2013 03:57 AM

Hi Josafe liking your thinking, omega 3 is a really good supplement as well, hadn't heard about the St. John's Wort as a help but sounds good to me. I go to AA don't know if you are using any support program's.. It has made all the difference to me. I have been trying to get sober for years. Sitting at just over 2 months and feeling great. 24 hours at a time is a great thread here because it helps me stay accountable. xx

Sparkydog 12-25-2013 03:57 AM

It isn't automatic, dont beat yourself up over it, your back on track and thats the goal.

Josafe 12-25-2013 04:08 AM

Thank you all.

I dont want to feel like im wasting any one's time. I do want to get over this.

Thank you for the positive and kind words.

Dee74 12-25-2013 04:08 AM

Welcome back josafe - no one wastes anyone's time here.
It's just not like that here.

I daresay nearly everyone of us has been where you are.

if anxiety's a problem for you, I'm glad you're tackling that too this time.

I hope what you're doing will help, but if it doesn't I recommend you see your Dr :)

D

Thepatman 12-25-2013 04:34 AM

Like others said, don't stress about it. As long as you keep trying is what counts!

Django 12-25-2013 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Josafe (Post 4366386)
Hi

Happy xmas everybody.

Ive been feeling really upset that after all the support I failed after 10 days. Silly really, used to alcohol to treat my the underlying problem - anxiety.

I am back to day 3 of being sober and my first ever Xmas sober with family.

I feel like I let myself and you people down. :gaah:gaah

Don't worry Josafe, i was on day 13 and slipped and now back on day 4. We are still sober for Christmas and on the home stretch for new year, get through that and how good will that feel to tackle the new year :-)

Josafe 12-25-2013 05:02 AM

"We are still sober for Christmas and on the home stretch for new year, get through that and how good will that feel to tackle the new year :-) "

I like that, how inspiring :)

deeker 12-25-2013 05:04 AM

Welcome back Josafe, we missed you!

cheebiechi 12-25-2013 05:08 AM

Welcome back Joesafe,

easy does it!!!!
one day at a time!!
Have a super sober Christmas

Matt