Notices

Last Christmas

Old 12-25-2013, 12:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Timelord

Last Christmas

This time last year 8 o'clock on Christmas Morning I would've been having a whisky to chase off my raging hangover. I carried on drinking. Went to my partner's church drunk. Tried to cook a Christmas dinner drinking more and more. Slept most of the afternoon and didn't eat a bit of my dinner. Had a sleepless Christmas night and drank more and more. Next day I started again.

I'm so glad this year I got a hold of my senses and will celebrate Christmas how it's supposed to be.

Happy Christmas everyone and remember our sobriety is a reason we get to see another Christmas.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Last year i was in the pub on crutches, then could either get a lift home or hobble, although with a few others, 2 miles to the next pub and then 2 miles back. Of course i didn't have a problem with alcohol and the normal thing would be to hobble 4 miles after my 3rd serious operation on my foot!

Well done Banquo, have a good one :-)
Old 12-25-2013, 12:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Old 12-25-2013, 12:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome Banquo

This time last year, I was up and out of bed before my now exgf to drink, ward of the shakes and sickness. I don't remember much after that. I couldn't really eat much but forced some food down. Steadily drank for the rest of the day until my ex had gone to bed then chugged down more vodka... passed out. Same sh*t different day!