Notices

Struggling

Old 12-24-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling

Help. How do you get back on the wagon? I had three months sober then relapsed two weeks ago. Ever since then I've found excuses to drink. My alcoholic mind is telling me just to wait until New Years to try to quit again. I'm so over this. One glass turns into two bottles
Old 12-24-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi yingyang welcome to sr.
I was the same I could never just have one drink, however much I convinced myself I always wanted/craved/needed more.
I know that first drink for me was the start of many and I don't have that first drink.
All the best, you made the first step visiting sr, read some of the posts, you will find you aren't alone.
I made excuses for years of when to stop, there was always some crisis or celebration to convince me not to stop.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Foo Fighter.

Didnt you feel better sober ? you know you want to feel better again. Every journey starts with the first step.
Dont feel bad my AV sidetracked me for 20 months, until I realized and remembered life was so much nicer sober.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Try to knock it on the head now so you will have a Christmas to remember (in a good way )xxx
Old 12-24-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All starts with a Day 1 again, if that means breaking it down to an hour or a half hour at a time, then concentrate on that!! keep pushing through!!
Old 12-24-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Try to just not drink today. The first few days are always the toughest because your body is still in withdrawal and craving alcohol to get the feeling to go away. The holidays are a good time to start again. It's a great sense of accomplishment to know that if you can get through the holidays, you can get through much more.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Get to a meeting
Old 12-24-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by yingyang12 View Post
Help. How do you get back on the wagon? I had three months sober then relapsed two weeks ago. Ever since then I've found excuses to drink. My alcoholic mind is telling me just to wait until New Years to try to quit again. I'm so over this. One glass turns into two bottles
It's not a wagon. Sometimes it's a fleet, a convoy, a hybrid automobile, a horse, or even a demolition derby. And, sadly, sometimes a hearse. It rarely works when it's a chauffeur-driven limo.

Make a commitment to not drink, no matter what, and then follow up by getting some serious help.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Someone once said that the road to recovery from addiction is not a straight one. But you are posting here, so you are definitely on it. Just keep going