Notices

Stay sober this holiday! Check in Dec 24 & 25

Old 12-25-2013, 12:37 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. It is 8.30 am here and thinking what a change from last year. Thanks everyone for your help and wish you all a sober and happy Christmas Day. Now I should start preparing our vegetables! Joy of joys!
Old 12-25-2013, 12:42 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Morning All!! And merry christmas!

Thanks for all the supportive messages, it was messed up but i'm looking forward to walk away, head held high.
She is a strange woman... I was woken up at 6am this morning to watch her and her husband open their presents. Me and my aunt (who has down syndrome) aren't allowed ours til 6pm???!!! Dunno what the logic is there.

Anyway...Gonna go for a nice country walk and then we're off doing some family rounds
Old 12-25-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Wow! I have such a warm heart at this moment. Up early on Christmas sober and feeling so inspired by everyone!

When the threads get long I can never seem to get all the names of everyone I want to send good energy to. Afraid I will miss someone. So I will send it to everyone here. Those that posted and those that lurked.

So many first timers!

A special thanks to my good buddy Mecanix for a year long run of the weekender thread. You provide a strong stable supportive voice here on SR. Thanks for all.

I happen to be visiting New York. I am at the place I used to live. The Christmas tree is up. The one from last year if you know what I mean. And I feel such a sense of closure. Such a relief that I made good choices this past year.

Ready for today. Sober.

Ken
Old 12-25-2013, 02:20 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Checking in continuously sober

There is WAY too much eating going on here. I am in my hometown, where we have 4 Christmases - Mom's, Dad's, Mom's family, Dad's Family. The food is off the hook. Everyone worked so hard to prepare a feast and it's considered rude (in my family) to not partake.

And then the cakes, pies, cookies and candies come out. Oh, Lordy!

Mrs Non has already said several times, "We're eating only carrots and celery for a week when we get home!"

ABUNDANCE - definitely a first world problem!

Hope everyone stays safe and happy for the rest of the holiday season!

Old 12-25-2013, 02:44 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

First sober Christmas morning since Xmas 1990! I still feel tired but ok.

Happy Christmas to everyone and enjoy the food!
Old 12-25-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thank you weasel for starting this thread! I'll be flying home from Florida today... Back to the northeast cold blech haha but I've had a wonderful vacation w my grandparents and looking forward to getting home. Merry Christmas to all! And if you're struggling w wanting a drink or drug just remember it's just another day. Reach out and we will get you through!
Old 12-25-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Goodnight everyone. All is calm, all is bright and I'm sober. Stay strong, it'll be worth it.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Im sober.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:50 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Fantastic josafe!!!

Safe travels quit!
Old 12-25-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
LDT

Jumping on this thread a little late. Last Christmas I was drinking. This Christmas I am not...Going to regift all the gifts of wine friends and colleagues have given us this year (guess they weren't paying attention ). Tomorrow, the holiday eating ends

Merry Sober Christmas, folks!
Old 12-25-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Checking in. Made it through Christmas Eve. Family politics and emotional manipulations happening but it feels good to be in control. When I was a drinker I always engaged emotionally to their crap and was devastated after. It is so nice to be sober and detached. Merry Christmas everyone!!! You are a blessing to me!
Old 12-25-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Everyone! Had a nice sober Christmas Eve dinner, and looking forward to the same today. So nice to be clear headed and not hungover on a holiday!
Old 12-25-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Afternoon here in Ireland, just back from delivering presents to the relatives this morning, hopped in the car early to get it all done and dusted nice and early.

Though could I sleep last night, nope, probably through worry, just knackered, but still fresher than had I had my usual Xmas Eve drinks, gonna be tired come this evening though!

Shortly off to have some food with my sister and mom!! . . . back then to veg in front of the TV, I have a few boxes of chocolates/biscuits given to me as presents that won't eat themselves!!

First Sober Xmas?!! . . . we got this people!!
Old 12-25-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

This is my 4th sober Christmas. Everyone please have a FANTASTIC holiday season.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

4.00pm here in England and still have 3 hours until i can leave and i'm starving!

I'm the only one as i'm security out of around 7-800 workers so quite a big place. Anyways i just watched a film on netflix (i know good security i am), and it was about people in a building getting sniped. Anyways i thought nothing of it until i needed the toilet, got up the stairs and starting getting a bit jumpy...i'm 24 this shouldn't happen anymore!haha.

Well done everyone i really like SR its a great forum with a lot of genuinely nice people :-)
Old 12-25-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Django, you're brave, watching scary movies by yourself! Ay yi yi!

I missed a family thing last night and except for the guilt being projected, I feel ok about it. I wasn't and still am not feeling well, so it was fine being by myself. I'm thinking of not going today too. It's hard being around family even during the best of times and between being newly sober and feeling kind of sick (migraine from hell), hanging out with just my little dog (and my awesome SR family!) doesn't feel so badly! Feels pretty OK actually.

It is what it is. Merry Christmas everyone! So glad to be here checking sober and hangover free.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey everyone ,

Was out in my van re-setting things today .. had a whole road flooded as i drove past to another job , thought i'd check the local pumps and found the ultrasound controller had got flooded out , put it in hand and things started to clear .. forgot to close the drivers side window and some mad young bloke was driving as fast as he could through the water and managed to soak the whole van and send a wave inside through the open window to soak inside of my van with watery sewage Not a happy bunny , until i got back ito the warmth and cranked up the air-con and started listening and singing along to a few carols … covered in poo , smelly and horrible , but singing with some gusto … and went off to my original job ..

It's christmas after all and no one or no thing was going to spoil it or my sobriety ..

so i've have had a long shower and finished cooking dinner for my mum and I and thought i'd check in with my SR buddies …

Keep on

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-25-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Ring ring, Merry Christmas everyone. It is nice to have a hangover free Christmas morning. I just woke up and I am planning a very low key Christmas. I am going to visit a friend at the hospital then spend a few hours at my best friend's.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone. Day five sober for me Hope everyone has a happy and healthy day.