Notices

Sick and tired

Old 12-23-2013, 10:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sick and tired

I'm just coming back around. Scared lonely and tired. I had ten years of recovery where I lived life beyond my wildest dreams..was blessed with a wife and 3 wonderful children. Needless to say I'm on the verge of loosing it all. I spent 40 days in treatment and didn't last a week. I ******* hate this disease, I'm letting it ruin my life. Just trying to reach out in anyway I can...
Old 12-23-2013, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Rocco, you've come to the right place for support. There are many people here who have been in your shoes, and have successfully recovered. There are also many who have convinced themselves they can drink again and paid the price.
You have had 10 years of recovery so you know that you can do it. You also know that the addiction is telling you you can't.
No-one can stop for you, so I hope you can want it badly enough to do it for yourself.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Rocco and welcome. You sound as though you do have a wonderful family which you obviously love so you have to take back control for your drinking. At the moment it is controlling you. You know there is no easy solution but you also know what you are capable of with 10 years of sobriety before today. I hope you can find the solutions before you destroy what you have. I hope you find some answers here.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You've come to a good place for support in stopping drinking. I hope we can help you stop drinking for good this time.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is why I wish alcohol was illegal, or at least didn't exist. There'd be no more lives shattered from it, no drunk drivers, no need for AA meetings, no need for this board...
Old 12-24-2013, 02:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

At 16 days in myself, I am now starting to see booze as something that caused me grief beyond words but also, in a strange way, made me a better person. This person now appreciates life and sees it as a gift not to be taken for granted. A gift that we can either ruin, or build a great life over.
My Christmas will be simple, sober, and full of little joys, like looking at my 7 year old son opening his gifts... With sober eyes for the first time in my life.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Rocco x