Notices

New

Old 12-23-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Shoshi - I'm so glad you found us. You have some good advice already. I just want to add that I quit after drinking most of my life - and you can do it too. When I found SR and knew I wasn't alone with the struggle - it made all the difference. I know it'll help you to be here with us.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks again, everyone. Last night was good. Didn't drink and didn't want to. Thought about it for a second, this morning, when I thought a glass of whiskey would be warm and wonderful on this frigid day (-15 F with the wind chill). Decided to curl up with a book and some warm dogs instead. Even summoned some energy for some food and a load of laundry. Good start...
Old 12-28-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Checking in...
First, sorry about the name change. I mistyped it, originally, and a moderator was nice enough to help me fix it. As there already was a Shoshi, I went with Shoshi1967. I hope that didn't confuse anyone.
At this time, last week, my husband had gone to Christkindlmarket in Chicago by himself, something we had always done together, and I had happily stayed home to get myself so drunk that I couldn't stand up. A bad, ugly weekend followed, plus, finally, the realization that I couldn't keep living like that.
Flash forward to today....sober, and have been so since last Sunday evening. Still anxious, but not as hopeless as I felt before. Husband and I had a good talk. He doesn't understand why I can't drink like "an adult", but he's cut back considerably and has been supportive. I feel pretty good. I don't like the idea of facing all our financial issues without being able to drink until unconsciousness, but I'm working on that.
Looking forward to an evening of Scrabble and public radio with my husband, BOTH of us sober, which hasn't happened in a long, long time.
Thanks for being here!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear you're going well Soshi

D