Notices

23rd december check in for mecanix

Old 12-23-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

23rd december check in for mecanix

Hey Guys ,
just fancied checking in today. I have a cold coming on . My job is causing me real STRESS at the moment , even the two incompetent sliders i work with do field some of the issues , of the 5 of us i think there are only 2 in .. I feel i got lots of things to do and only so much me to go round ..

These things are out of my control on a short term basis , the cold will heal and get better , i shall be stopping off at the green grocer this morning for lots of lovely fruit and veg .
Christmas presents not bought can be substituted for cash, i remind myself . then the person can get what they want and it will all be cheaper on boxing day anyhow . A cop out maybe but one i can consider if required .

The job is in progress for changing , it might be jumping form the "pan into the fire" but at least i can see some movement and progress .

mex-m8 is adding a little to the mix of dis-quiet because i don't know whats normal for him yet , so odaat

So there we go .. stuff dumped, none of it terribly important , i just needed to put it out there and blow some hot air off … let me sort the rest of the problems of the day and see where i am tonight .

I'm gonna stay sober, i'm not looking for any comment or wisdom paticuarly , but feel this is useful to me as a pressure relief so i can stay centred and grounded so as to make the next right decision .

I'm off to make the day as glorious as possible , I hope you all do as well , Let's all get through another one sober and see where we get , It's great to travel some of my journey with you all

Thanks y'all , m
Old 12-23-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you get to take a break Mecanix - have a great Christmas

D
Old 12-23-2013, 01:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Thanks Dee ,
For me Fri 29th , off stand-by and the weekend, can't come round quick enough

Seeing all the good things you and the SR team do here gives me great strength , and everyone working hard at recovery just makes my day

So it's all good , think i'll book a few days off in early january tho' as i think making sure i get enough time to relax and do nothing very much is important for my recovery ..

Alcohol used to be the instant off switch , not a good one tho' … so these days i need to manage that … Might get the guitar's out tonight as i've been going at it these last few weeks hammer and tongs and that might just be the thing to get into a more relaxed frame of mind ,

Cheers , m
Old 12-23-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

M, you're a star. And yes, a real human being. Sounds like your work stuff has been a bit hellish recently, so please do try to take as much M-time as you can.

You do so much here with us, and trying to live your own ordinary life whilst staying sober too.....Better watch out, you could be a successor to our Dee the way you're going :-)

Dee, if you're still on (saw you'll be off for a coupla days and rightly): Happy Christmas chook!

And of course, Happy Christmas - and a quiet one, the best sort - to you too M.
xx
Vic
Old 12-23-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mecanix it's a good idea to book some days off and you are so right "enough time to relax and do nothing very much is important for my recovery .. ", I'm learning that too. We've decided to close our shop for three weeks this year for our summer break -- a huge decision for me but important to my sobriety. Reading that from you just now kinda reinforced the decision if you know what I mean.

Good on you for letting some steam off ever so gently but taking the pressure off is good.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

WORD!!!! Dump away!!

Matt
Old 12-23-2013, 02:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey mecanics!

For you job issue I understand. I have a few rotten apples in my team also. And they report to me. LOL!

Just concentrate on your job, and try to see the best in people. You are dealing with different personalities and it's not easy.
And don't worry, management are not blind like we sometimes think. Deliver the goods, just looks at your own performance, and you will shine in your job.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Not much seems to muster you. So glad you know when to speak up.

Feel better my friend.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hugs and support my friend...along with a fresh box of soft tissues and a nice big orange, chicken soup.
Wish you a good day with few problems.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better soon mecanix. Best wishes.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Foo Fighter.

Im learning so many cool words and phrases from the UK contingent here, cheers mate, Im a guitarist also, sometimes just picking it up is the hard part then putting it down becomes difficult. Are you familiar with Justin Guitar | Free Guitar Lessons ?
Old 12-23-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I hope you fight that cold off M. You made me laugh that the weekend can't come soon enough given it is Monday. There is an old old song with the line "everybody's working for the weekend." How true that is sometimes.

All of the things you have mentioned will resolve at some point. That is the beauty of sobriety because you can see that for a change. Good to hear from you this fine frosty morning.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

God Bless! Believe in YOURSELF & Dreams do come true!!!! Much Love.