Notices

Day 25 almost done - anxiety

Old 12-22-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 25 almost done - anxiety

Well long planned get away to Florida. Timing isn't the best but bought and pd for long before I made the GOOD decision to stop drinking. Anxiety really high today organizing things and getting here. Good part is I'm sober and aware, but the voice starts and teases for a drink. "He" lost today but has been a challenge. Can tell anxiety high - I seem to fixate on breathing and the more I think about it the harder to take the deep breath. When my mind is in other things it's not a prob. So you guessed it, my AV tells me a few drinks will relax me and then not fixate. Well watching football and would enjoy a drink but sticking to my MIO (water a or stuff).
Old 12-22-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Good job x
Old 12-22-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

From a former Rochester dweller, come on down, the weather is beautiful tonight near Miami. Fellow anxiety sufferer as well, but lately not so bad as I am finally coming off a nasty so-called anxiety reducing pill. Keep up the good work for yourself and enjoy your vaca.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Straight - thanks. I'm north of you right now in New Smyrna. Glad to hear the anxiety got better for you. At this point for me the anxiety it biggest issue. And it twists your Ming in many ways
Old 12-22-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ain't that the truth, been going through it for around 22 years off and on. It takes me to places that are pure h*ll. But it is getting better, because frankly I am sick and tired of being scared. So I am making a huge effort to put a stop sign up and say enough! When I drank like a fish it didn't bother me much as I was stuffing it away. But of course it surfaces. Don't hardly drink at all anymore, if I have a 6-pk a year that's a lot. Don't care to drink much anymore, I consider myself fortunate. Mind over matter I suppose. Have a great time in the sunshine state.