Notices

After 9 months...

Old 12-22-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

After 9 months...

Started 5 weeks ago unfortunately but with 7-8 days intervals of each time and not exceeding 2 glasses.Ihope I keep this way as I enjoy it .Now I have a question:

2 weeks ago I noticed that my palms are red.İf you have a panic disorder like me,you're always worried about your health.A week ago ,I went through cbc and liver tests and all were ok .My doctor examined me physically and said there was not nothing wrong with my liver and that considering my tests,I am a very healthy person.I am not fully satisifed.My palms are sometimes normal but sometimes red and it is not only my palms but the top of my hands too.I do not have permanent red palms.My doctor says it is adrenal flushing due to anxiety. Any of you people have ideas?

Another question is that after quitting drinking for a long time,now whenever I have a couple of drinks a week,my ears and my face go red and all of a sudden I have an abdominal bloating with hypertension and I have a belly with full of gas.I normally have very mild withdrawals(apart from anxiety).My usual blood pressure(when I don't drink) is 110/60 but when I have this bloating(48 hours after drinking)my blood pressure rises to 150/70.I find this funny.Could this be due to irritable bowel syndrome?

I know none of you here are doctors but may be you guys experience same symptoms.

Cheers

Cengiz
Old 12-22-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My comment to you would be...for someone who is obviously very aware of health issues why would you drink?
Old 12-22-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Drinking doesn't help any health issues. If you're posting on a recovery forum, perhaps there is an underlying addiction issue that you're fighting?
Old 12-22-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you have IBS, then I believe alcohol is a trigger. I'm not a doctor and not giving you advice. Although I know not drinking is better for me . I do wonder why one would consider planning to drink if they ever had a problem with substances and they went so far as to join this website.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

One possibility is alcohol flush syndrome (due to acetaldehyde metabolism), which can lead to esophagus cancer.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
One possibility is alcohol flush syndrome (due to acetaldehyde metabolism), which can lead to esophagus cancer.
Tks a lot that was very positive!
Old 12-22-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We can not really answer these types of questions. I will address the first part of the post which has stated that you have gone back to drinking. You want to continue drinking and enjoy it, but with 2 glasses of wine. Was there a particular event that put you back into alcohol? Do you want to be sober?
Old 12-22-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It seems to me that you need to write all these things down and tell your doctor about it all. These are all medical issues that we can't help with. Giving medical advice is against the rules and I agree with that.

Also, don't go browsing all sorts of forums and pages to self-diagnose. For that the internet is just too unreliable.

Make an appointment with your doctor and get good medical advice.

Good luck!
Old 12-22-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

try total abstinence and see if these symptoms go away.