Notices

I can't drink safely

Old 12-20-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't drink safely

And sometimes I need to be reminded. Despite my repeated history of black outs, awful behavior, suicide attempts, hangovers with severe chest pounding anxiety and loss of dignity ...there is still a lingering thought now and again ..."you can handle it. You have changed. You have stayed sober over a year, alcoholics can't do that!"

Ha. Ha. Ha! By the grace of God I know better today. And sometimes I'm only equipped with one day worth of remembering but that's okay too. For all I need to remember is that my name is Erika, I AM AN ALCOHOLIC and I can't drink safely. Thank goodness for this site, you're all my angel ears tonight I'm on my first sober vacation and can't make meetings and my forgetful a@@ needed a little telling on itself. My thoughts can only harm me if I don't share them!
Old 12-20-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry sober Christmas Erika

D
Old 12-20-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee! Merry sober Christmas to you as well
Old 12-20-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, a reminder everyday is what I need also. Alcohol changes me into someone that I don't want to be. I become mean, manipulative, self destructive, and evil. I like to refer to alcohol as the devil. I was never able to drink normally and I never will be able to.

Enjoy your vacation. Sounds wonderful and just think. You'll be able to remember all of it and enjoy the little moments around you.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes Inca, I will walk away with wonderful memories and I agree... I hated the personi was when I drank. Living life wide awake all the time ain't always easy but it's definitely rewarding and hands down the easier softer way!