Notices

So tired of hearing wine is good for you

Old 12-20-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I bet a glass of blended raw spinach, brussel sprouts and fish oil every day would have you fitter than Chuck Norris in his prime.

Bet you're not obsessing about whether or not you can have the above smoothie every day though.

Don't kid yourself that it's for the health benefits.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dreamer0 View Post
It seems we (the public) are constantly bombarded with how great red wine is for you.
Nah, they're not talking to me. They're talking to people who drink a glass or two and leave it at that. Everyone from the liquor industry to the medical community to Hollywood agrees that drinking wine the way I drank wine is very, very bad for you.

I like this thread a lot, because I think it speaks to what was a key realization for me: I'm not them. I'm not the people in those medical studies, I'm not the people sipping off a drink at the restaurant, I'm not the target audience for beer ads. And I never, ever will be. Once I let go of all that, and quit comparing myself to normal drinkers, things got simpler. The only choice I had was between being an ex-drinker, and being an active alcoholic.

Viewed through that lens, being an ex-drinker is a pretty sweet deal. And definitely very good for my health.