Notices

****** up

Old 12-20-2013, 10:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I do hope you come out of your binge sooner than later. The longer you go the worse it's going to be when you stop. Why not make the start of your 2014 a little easier by getting a head start?

I played the "I will stop when" game for years when I was drinking. I remember vividly driving home from work, on the stretch of road leading up to where I had to make the decision to go to the liquor store or not and thinking "I will just get another bottle for now and stop when (insert countless goals here)". I had that thought so many times I couldn't even tell you. Finally, I said it for what will hopefully be the last time when I decided I was going to stop when I entered my 30s. That was in September of this year.

We will be here when you are ready and I'm pulling for you to have a sober 2014!
Old 12-20-2013, 11:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey Django, I logged back in just for you when I saw your post. You had kind words for me throughout this struggle so I have some, for you. Don't worry too much about this, but also don't shrug it off. A "binge" is different for many people, my binges were pretty minor comparatively, but just as destructive. December is a hard month to quit. I know, I tried last year then joined SR in January. It's a year later, and here I still am. Us Dec people gotta stick together. I'm doing ok now, but I know I'll need your (sober) support if I start feeling down again!
Old 12-21-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the posts everyone!Its the feeling of "what am I doing" at the moment. I'm going to get through this,and it's really nice to know that I effected a few people in the class of December in a good way!Time to go to AA for me people,told myself if I drink again I'm going,that's the plan and I'm going to go collect me some sobriety chips :-) Thanks everyone.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Way to go! That's the spirit!

An Alcoholic wanting sobriety in motion stays in motion, an Alcoholic sitting... stays right there. That's not from me, it was from a smart dude that once lived. Newton I think, yeah daz the same, great fella he was. ;-)
Old 12-21-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PinotNOmore View Post
Hey Django, I logged back in just for you when I saw your post. You had kind words for me throughout this struggle so I have some, for you. Don't worry too much about this, but also don't shrug it off. A "binge" is different for many people, my binges were pretty minor comparatively, but just as destructive. December is a hard month to quit. I know, I tried last year then joined SR in January. It's a year later, and here I still am. Us Dec people gotta stick together. I'm doing ok now, but I know I'll need your (sober) support if I start feeling down again!
Thanks for that :-) this binge is just the same,waking up thinking what have I done,who have I done ;-),what phone call am I going to get saying I'm a knob,the usual!

I was prepared for it in a strange way,AV was getting the better of me in December but it's been good to me in the way he knows that I'm giving up for good new year (if that makes sense)!

Keep going everyone else,I've got a massive temptation tonight as Millwall are on tv and I don't have to go down the den and watch it at a friends.For anyone who don't know Millwall it's football (soccer for the American friends) :-)