Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Weekend thread 20th 21st and 22nd of december 2013 all welcome

Notices

Weekend thread 20th 21st and 22nd of december 2013 all welcome

Old 12-20-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm in! Just got in bed and under the covers. It's funny hearing the stories of people who enjoyed wrapping gifts or baking with wine. Years ago I could have done that. Within the past 2, though I've actually known that I better get most everything done before I even crack a bottle because once it's open, I'm done. I have about an hour of productivity left until I'm opening another, and another, and another......I have known for years that I hate drinking moderately.
I get no joy out of it. (Not that being A sloppy drunk is joyous).

Anyway, last Christmas Eve I made a point to stay sober because I had tons to do after the kids went to bed, and I didn't want to be a grump the next day. I knew I would be miserable sober and miserable or drunk if I attempted moderating. Looking back, it wasn't bad at all. It was great.

Christmas night at my inlaws tho was a drunken disaster.

Not this year.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

A stocking stuffer for Non...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (80.3 KB, 56 views)
Old 12-20-2013, 10:31 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm here for the weekend! Lots of gift wrapping, last minute shopping and pre-holiday relaxing to be done before I head to the family gathering on Tuesday and Wednesday. It's unseasonably warn (mid 50s) here today and it's making it feel like Christmas can't possibly be next week already.

That bacon wallet is making me hungry for breakfast!
Old 12-20-2013, 10:31 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm in. I've got 9 months but December has been very challenging, part of it because of the lack of light. My first sober winter in years. Sunday is the big in-law get together which I dread but going to suck it up and put on my big-boy pants. They're just so damn many of them and they all drink. We are also the only same-sex couple out of the 100+ people who go to this thing every year, so EVERYONE knows who I am. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

** ring ring ** Me Hearties

Ima, was nice chatting with you! I am constantly blown away by the people in the SR community. The caring, insight, inspiration.

Weather will be awful here this weekend. I'll be taking it easy with some good music and movies.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Yours,
Cas
Old 12-20-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Count me in, as well. This will be my first sober Christmas and the first time my parents are staying at my house. With just over 2 month under my belt, my fridge is stocked with Calistoga (I should buy stock in that company!) and I'm ready for whatever comes my way. Thanks for starting this thread.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:47 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
My 8 year old has informed me he knows I am Santa and has been a little brat trying to convince his sister that Santa is fake. She isn't buying it yet.
If it were santa or if it were you parents , children who tell such rumours might end up with a smaller present budget … look at what adults get … underpants and socks mostly … if he wants underpants and socks next year then it's his call ….

Bestwiishes m ( the terrifying santa man )
Old 12-21-2013, 12:57 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by kadidee View Post
A stocking stuffer for Non...

WHOA!
Old 12-21-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Was planning on seeing mex-m8 last night , was at work till 11 pm i will not hold a resentment over that , i will try and be a professional today and do the problem quick …

Am just off to work again 9:30 am and I'm determined to sort out the issue as my other craftsmen have let it slide for the last 2 weeks … even if it mean re-writing the whole 3000 rung PLC code … the time for severe editing whilst keeping the system acting safely is upon us … wish me luck as i untangle how someone "thought" it was logical to program .. so i can reverse engineer it and then see any mistaken assumptions people have made about everything working perfectly for ever and then see if it's possible to modify it without breaking it or making it worse …

all that in 8 or 10 hours Thats all ! as i deffo wanna see mex-m8 tonight … I hope he understands if i run out of time this time and miss him twice in a row … I think he's cool .. hopefully it won't be tested , but last time i did this i was busy for a week thinking about the program all the time and how to make it simpler and more effective .. Errk !

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-21-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good luck with seeing it Mecanix! It's cooled down here we are rocking a measly 21C at 9pm, bliss after yesterday. Sunday is the longest/shortest day of the year weekenders!
Old 12-21-2013, 03:38 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Foo Fighter.

I have a class all weekend, a certification I need for my career, this gives me an out for the company Christmas party tonite without being rude. In two weeks Ill take my final for a certification that will increase my quality of life.
Doing it with a clear head makes it so much easier.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Morning all!
Sober saturday woot...
May go out this evening, I want to support my friend who is dj-ing but I really don't fancy it so not sure. A nice long walk and lot of games I think
Old 12-21-2013, 03:44 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
if i run out of time this time and miss him twice in a row … I think he's cool ..
Give you self a cut off time, go see your mate and pick it back up tomorrow or monday or whenever... you may find the break is useful and you should see your friend
Old 12-21-2013, 04:23 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey weekenders!

Not well today. Trying to just lay low.

Have a great day!
Old 12-21-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better Weasel!

My husband and I just decided to take our daughter to Hershey Park for the day (about an hour away) and I've never been. What could be better than a day surrounded by chocolate?! Well, a couple of years ago my answer would have been alcohol, blech! Will be good for me to get out and do something different and fun, instead of sitting at home thinking about how I can't drink.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying strong! Will check back later.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Driving to Ohio today to visit family for Christmas. Back next weekend. I'm sure to be online between now and then.

My wife is a total spaz stress case around the holidays. I may need to restrain her at some point.

Be safe, Y'all!
Old 12-21-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Not sure about what I'm going to do this weekend...but I DO know that I am not going to drink! Count me in! Beautiful weather here...no family this year for Xmas...a bit sad about that...just me and the hubby...but so happy to be sober today!
Old 12-21-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

"budget … look at what adults get … underpants and socks mostly … if he wants underpants and socks next year then it's his call"

Mechanix, this is something he usually gets from my mother. Hmmm....it just might work. I have to say I would be extremely happy to get underpants and socks as a gift. I cannot find a matched pair of socks to save my life. Oh, yes. I'll be doing some laundry today.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I'm in with all of you my friends. Day 26 for me and I'm so excited I have almost got a month under my belt. Family breakfast this morning with brothers and sister-in-laws, so really no temptation there. We never served Bloody Mary's or anything like that on this day. Christmas Eve will be a different story, but I am committed to this and I know I won't drink. Might has some uncomfortable moments, but I can make it through that. God Bless you all and may everyone have a wonderful sober weekend and Christmas holiday.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I'm in! I haven't been around much lately because if the nutty holiday schedule and madness, but 51 days sober today. :-)