Notices

dont know if ill ever beat this

Old 06-14-2004, 01:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy dont know if ill ever beat this

hello everyone,

im not sure where to begin. i have been down this road before and im so tired of all this. ive accomplished alot in the 28 years of my life..but i still manage to be so out of control...i cant stop drinking. im not the everyday drinker no im the drinker whose drinks sneak up on you...who you think you can contol yourself and you do sometimes but then you binge the next time. i have everybody fooled or maybe i dont..maybe nobodyis fooled but it doesnt really seem that anybody wants me to completelyt stop....just slow down....i cant slow down!! ive tried so many times...im killing myself with pills and alcohol and nobody really knows. i hate myself sometimes..i feel so much shame and disappoinment..my ability to love has diminished....im so scared that ill never be able to get through this...but i need to.....or ill end up killing myself. i cant live like this...

i havent drank since saturday..i feel like death from all the alocohol and atavan coming out of my system...i really need support..i just moved backup to central jersey by sayreville...im looking to find some females...a sponsor...friends whoa re sober. im afarid to go to meetings...i dont know what to do'

please any help i would really appreciate
thanks
Old 06-14-2004, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Fallenstars,

Welcome! You've come to the right place to find people to support you and understand what you're going through. I'm glad you recognize the problem and made the decision to stop. Since you stopped drinking saturday, you are probably through the worst of the physical withdrawl from alcohol and will start feeling better soon. As for the Atavan, I'm not sure. You might check out the Substance Abuse forum for more information on that. Also, there are lots of great women here and there is a Women in Recovery forum.

Hang in there. I totally understand the shame and disappointment in yourself. I went through that as well and it's so tough. But, it will get better. Keep posting!

Love, Anna
Old 06-14-2004, 01:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome to SoberRecovery.
You've already met one of the super ladies of the community.
Many more will come by and say hi.
Withdrawal from booze and ativan is hard. Pay attention to the signals your body is sending you. The worst of it will soon be over.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome to SR!

This is a great place for understanding, support and even friendship! We all understand the battle your going through. We've all go our own story but have the same problem. You'll come to find strength in visiting us so that it will get better for you one day at a time!
Old 06-14-2004, 04:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome fallen! stick around and post away. we listen well.

hugs,

dot
Old 06-14-2004, 04:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Fallenstars
My name is Kellie and I am (used to be) one of those hard core drunks.
You have come to a good place.
Don't be afraid to go to a meeting.
My first AA meetings were so inspiring to me.
I honestly believed that no one could have carried on with alcohol the way I had.
Someone recognized the pain of my addiction. I was home.
Right now for me in my life I am keeping sober by spending a fair amount of time here on SR. It has taken longer than a face to face meeting to get a sense of the person you are communicating with, but well worth the extra effort. It is turning into a very valuable tool in my recovery.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Stars

I'm sure glad you decided to visit us at SR. Boy, I remember those first few days of getting sober. They are tough, but it can be down. Stay strong and stick around the boards. Read as many threads as you can. Each one tells a different story, yet with many similarities. No one judges, they offer helping hands. Wait and see. Soon your fallenstars will be shining bright.
You can do it, you can achieve the gift of sobriety.

Take care,

Talia
Old 06-14-2004, 05:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Welcome

Welcome to SR Stars. You are in a very good place with others that share your grief. We have all been there. I drank for 24 years and relapsed more times than I can count. I am sober 7 days now and the worst of the withdrawals are over. It is not going to be easy but you can do it. Heck, if I can do it anybody can. Keep coming back, we are a family here. Welcome to our "family".
Roy
Old 06-14-2004, 05:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Fallenstars..I'm so happy you found SR...there's a reason you found this place like the rest of us. You're 28 and your sick of living like this, well no time like the present to get down to business....you know I felt the way you are at your age..I wanted to stop....one morning I wanted to call AA...and my hubs stopped me...and here I sit 20 years later kicking myself for that.

im so scared that ill never be able to get through this...but i need to.....or ill end up killing myself. i cant live like this...
....you don't have to live like this....it's a living hell as far as I'm concerned and it will get worse the longer you continue. This place will help you so much, the teachers here are the BEST...but you have to LISTEN, and I mean really listen to what they say...YOU CAN DO THIS.

My heart breaks for you seeing your pain, and I pray you find some peace in this soon, do what you have to do to stop this, there is all kinds of help waiting for you to grab hold of it....so don't wait.

Sending love, hugs and prayers your way....Denise