# 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

This thread warms my heart

D
Old 12-19-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Chattanooga AA Central Office

Call the AA intergroup office and ask about Christmas dinners or Alcathons, you won't be alone!
I just looked this up. It is literally a half mile from my house...I may give AA another shot. I didn't really want to quit when I tried it before 2 decades ago, even tho i knew i needed too.

If nothing else I can just stop going if I still don't like it.

Geebus, thanks again SR

Old 12-19-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Goodwork Mikie, I'm glad you are thinking ahead, making plans, anticipating. I'll be here a lot over christmas, I know that. Stay in touch.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leana View Post
I understand, it's a long drive. But... if you change your mind let me know. He is planning on leaving TN on Sunday. If not, maybe Easter??
I just don't know what to say... other than thank you. I have made a few cross state bike rides and this kind of hospitality is always appreciated, but to offer such a thing to a random recovering alcoholic... bless you.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

malcolm my friend, I am so glad you are still getting through this with me.

It's not that other peoples issues are more or less important than yours or mine, but we started this journey at the same time and that means a lot to me, to see someone at my stage still getting through it.

hang on tight man, like i said before and will always believe, we can all get through this together.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Reading this thread brought tears to my eyes!!! The caring here is something else...
Old 12-19-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

If I would have known my thread would have brought so many tears to my eyes, I woulda got some tissues beforehand.... even my doggie is wondering why I am leaking out of my eye sockets lol
Old 12-19-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
EndGame

I cherish my time alone. Truly.

In all the different kinds of work I do, I have a great many and a variety of interactions with other people. And I love being myself with them, regardless of the setting and the context. I get to use the human skills that I've discovered within myself and that I've cultivated during all my sober years, and to practice my professional skills as well.

Reading a good book, enjoying video gems (I don't watch conventional TV, though I do watch some videos that originally air on TV), tinkering with vintage and current Macs, taking a walk to nowhere...my mind is rarely close to being inactive while I'm awake. And my dreams...oh boy, my dreams. Very rich and very memorable, which is not necessarily always a good thing.

I agree with doing service. It truly helped me in my early years of sobriety, and the personal return is priceless. Following my first of two total hip replacements in November of 2012, and then this past August, I returned to the place where I rehabbed (which, as is the case most of the time these days, doubles as a nursing facility) every few weeks, including the Christmas following my rehab. I enjoyed my time there, and met some very good but very lonely people. I'll be back this Christmas morning as well, bearing the treats I know my inherited posse likes.

Christmas for me has gone from being a drink/drunk/hangover fest, to just another day, to a day I look forward to for very different reasons than I did while drinking.

Help someone out, even if it seems a small thing to you. It's the giving season.