Notices

Hydro addict of 8 years.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hydro addict of 8 years.

I started using Hydro's when I first turned 18. The last 3 years, I have had a script and get them legal, but I go through 120 in around 10 days and then have to spend the rest of the month scraping to make it by, sometimes spending thousand(s) of dollars. I am not rich, so most of my money goes to the addiction. I even got really far behind on my vehicle because it was either pay for it, or be able to function. It is a mess. These pills are so evil. I know people need them, I need them, but at what point is enough, enough? I started out 8 years ago, taking 1 a day. I had heard stories that no amount is ever enough, and I thought "shoot, a couple a day is plenty for me." Now I'm taking 8-15 a day. When I go a day or two without them, I have to take around 5 at one time to feel normal again. Right now I haven't had one in 24 hours, but that's only because I don't have the money. Within the next few days I will come up with a day to get some. I'm exhausted. This is not the way life should be lived. 90% of my thoughts are how many I have left and where will I get some more. I haven't went more than probably 3-4 days without some in years. I keep saying every month that I will do better on my next script and take them as directed, but when I get them - it seems like they are never ending and I eat them like candy, like I said, around 10 a day give or take. I've been thinking about rehab for awhile, or basically just finding a way to beat them. My legs hurt so bad right now, I don't have any energy and I'm starting a new job today. I have to find a way to power through and not get myself fired. See how ridiculous this is? I have no one or no body. My family isn't close. I'm in my mid 20's, hopefully you can do the math from earlier. But anyways. Pray for me.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi ThePreacher, i don't have any experience of this but i wanted to say welcome. There is lots of support here. Best wishes.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. I'm getting ready to start my new job today, sober now for 25 hours. Here goes nothin.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 25 hours.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you. It's now been 44.