Notices

We are the strong ones...

Old 12-18-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

We are the strong ones...

Ok, you probably don't feel too strong right now,reading my BS...
How do I know you are strong?..simple - you are on this site and reading this -Congratulations - you have made the first step to a wonderful new life!

The first week is the worst - yukky feelings but 2 weeks from now and especially if u think back to how you relieved stress before booze (keep it clean please .. ) you will feel and look phenomenal.

Stay with us (they aint paying me for this - miserable sods) Xx
Old 12-18-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Skye is spot on. By my observation, most people, myself included, are feeling utterly defeated when they first find this forum. Or when the come back to it after another round of attempted controlled/restricted/limited drinking. (I am also guilty of that.)

That is absolutely NOT true. You are not defeated.

The ones who don't/won't/can't try are the ones who are defeated.

If you're here it's because you have at least one brain cell somewhere in that mess of a skull that can conceive there is a better way. At least one brain cell that thinks it doesn't have to be like it's always been. One brain cell that rebels against all the others and hopes.

That one brain cell is all it takes to make change possible.

And because change is possible, hope is reasonable.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As nonsensical says - no-one arrives here unless they suspect they haven worry a problem - 'normal drinkers' don't even worry ...
Sadly many 'people with alcoholl issues' ( I detest the word alcoholic - it's so defeatis) - but many with ' alchol issues ' don't bother to find this site
Old 12-18-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

strong, lucky, desperate, grateful...all of those could be used to describe me at different times...oh, don't forget clueless, hopeful, or needing a place to vent.

All aboard the sober train....whoo whooo
Old 12-18-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EndGame

It takes a lot of strength and resourcefulness to be an active alcoholic. Most people would not be able to live our lives. When we accept this, we can no longer use our weaknesses as an excuse to avoid sobriety.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have only stayed sober by the Grace of God and in fact admitting complete defeat. My best efforts failed and failed again. Once I quit going it alone and trying to come up with a way to stay sober AND have life my way, things started to change. That said, willingness is the key that unlocks it all. If you are here and willing to try, it's a good start!