Notices

Another scan and update on Mizzuno

Old 12-17-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another scan and update on Mizzuno

In one week, I will be off from school for a vacation. I have been in school for 9 months strait. No breaks, no weeks off. I am thankful to have made it this far. I am not sure how much longer I can keep up with this pace, but I am determined to get through.

On Saturday, I had to make a decision to either do school work or clean house and get my hair cut. It had been so long since I went and had a hair cut that I thought taking care of myself (finally) was a priority. This hair cut/ cleaning house set me back a day in school, so I had to scramble making sure all my homework was done. The balancing act is not so balanced.

I have another MRI this Thursday. I am not looking forward to it, but this will get me closer to the answers. I am being referred to a surgeon for my back. Some days i feel like i can endure this pain, other days I am of the opinion that I would rather jump off a bridge (preferably a very short one) to end this madness. The pain meds help and then they don't. I battle with being on these pills and feeling good about myself. Sometimes I feel like I may not be upholding my end of the bargain with sobriety, given that I am on pain management. I know that my sobriety is not in question, and I am not using these meds for anything but to be able to function. At times the meds hit the pain perfectly and I am walking around like normal. The trouble has been now that it is really cold outside, my back is in increasing pain. I have to balance the meds and know that I will never be out of pain 100% However, getting off these drugs would be a blessing. Nerve pain is horrible, DDD is painful, and disc herniation on top of it has caused this happy girl to be seriously unhappy. How I wish to run again!!! To wear my running shoes and jog a good 5 miles. One day!

Anyways, it is almost the holidays and this is the time of year where people think that drinking in excess is acceptable. I will not be partaking of that madness. I plan to drink sparkling apple cider and to feel good. I have made it this far. I can make it farther.

Lily and Max (my cats) have taken to eating the ribbon off of all the presents. We have put the presents away. I hope I do not have to have a funeral for one of my fur children anytime soon.

Have a good day everyone! Keep on walking forward with resolve! We are doing this.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the MRI gets you closer to a solution Miz...and enjoy your break - you deserve it

best wishes
D
Old 12-17-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Here's a hug for you.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope the scan shows a way forward to a healthy Mizz ! Lots of hugs and best wishes !
Old 12-17-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Best of luck with the MRI scan. Stay strong!
Old 12-17-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope the docs get things sorted out for you, Mizz.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Best of luck with the back issues!

Old 12-17-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good luck Mizz hang in there!!
Old 12-17-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

THank you for the replies everyone! I think I am a step closer to finding the solution to an ongoing problem.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Mizz. Please add my good thoughts to the others. Hoping for a helpful outcome & look forward to hearing how it went.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you - sounds like you have a really solid grasp on your situation and are managing this well. Glad you're still out there getting things done (school, etc) amisdst this physical struggle. All the best, happy holidays!
Old 12-17-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I hope you get those answers soon, Miz. Inspiring to see you persevering through this.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well this sucks...
Old 12-17-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Needtime View Post
Well this sucks...
What sucks?
Old 12-17-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I would like to say that when I posted this, I was not coming from a place of feeling bad for myself, or wanting anyone to feel bad for me. I was only updating what has been going on with me. .....Looking forward to the break, my back (same old song) and that the holiday is coming. SO, I hope I did not convey that I was having myself a little party of pity. Not what I intended.

(when reading the post again, I think the jumping off the short bridge may have been the sinker. Although, a short short bridge that is only like 5 ft tall (what I imagined) would not cause more than a sprained ankle)