Notices

Day 2 and not feeling well

Old 12-16-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
International Man of Mystery

Day 2 and not feeling well

A few months ago I had one of those benders where you swear to never drink again. Stopped cold turkey, and made it to day 20. For no good reason I bought a 12 pack that day, and well, back to drinking.

Same scenario again. Wild bender and woke up yesterday so sick. All those horrible withdrawal symptoms right from the minute I wake up. Went to bed for 12 hours and never fell asleep. Sweating like crazy, shaking, my heart racing. It got so bad I thought of going to a hospital.

So yeah, day 2. I feel like hell. No sleep, still sweating, no sense of balance. Certainly can't eat. I threw up a multivitamin. Typing this is very hard, my hands are shaking so much. My system is not happy but I plan to stick with it. I can't keep doing this to myself.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sounds pretty severe. Have you considered seeing a doctor to help you detox?
Old 12-16-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wish I could afford it. I also have no health insurance so this is pretty much my only option. Tough it out.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Ncognito13 View Post
A few months ago I had one of those benders where you swear to never drink again.
Are you hoping the memory of your last drinking episode will be enough to keep you sober? It rarely does. So I hope you give some thought to putting a recovery plan in place that will prevent you from drinking the next time your addiction tells you, "This time will be different. I won't let it get that bad."
Old 12-16-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not just a question of toughing it out. Detoxing from alcohol can be very dangerous so if you are concerned, please go to an ER or clinic.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think a combination of reading/posting regularly on SR and reading recovery books is a great way to approach things. It has certainly worked for me. Good luck!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I hope you feel better soon, if not, you should consider getting medical advice. Is there not a free centre somewhere?
Old 12-16-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AA member

Sorry you are struggling.

Withdrawing from Alcohol can be dangerous,sounds as if you need to seek medical advice.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support. I managed a 2 hour nap and feel a lot better. I think the lack of sleep was making this morning that much worse.

I will seek medical care if need be, but last time I went cold turkey it was the same thing. Two awful days but feeling much better the 3rd. If a free clinic or hospital existed here (you pay for everything in America) I would go for sure. My last visit to the hospital cost me an arm and a leg.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ncognito - you've made it 20 before so you know it does get better. One day at a time. I will be at 20 tomorrow for first time in god knows how long. You can do it. Cold turkey can be too much for some so be careful and consider the dr if things get bad. SR really helps so post here and I'm sure you'll find d support
Old 12-16-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I'm glad you are feeling better. We are lucky here to get medical help for nothing. I have taken it for granted I think.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hope you continue to feel better. Your post brought back memories. It gets better (as you know). Keep it going =]