Notices

Hi Everyone!

Old 12-15-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

Well, I'm into day 2 of sobriety. I am sweating profusely, have anxiety and am a bit shaky. But I just ate quite a big meal(and found that my stomach has shrunk from spending too much time hungover and not eating properly).

BUT, today I woke up feeling a lot better than yesterday. After reading some previous posts, I am inspired to revel in that and know that I'll feel even better tomorrow and the next day.

I'm worried though, because I've tried to quit quite a few times and find that once I get over the withdrawal symptoms and feel good again, I drink again. When I drink, I binge for a few days and often blackout.

I really appreciate all of the honest support contained on SR, so had to register. Thank you to everyone that has posted.

Old 12-15-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!

Great job on Day 2!! . . . it will get better with each day!!
Old 12-15-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome HappyHealthy!

2 days is wonderful. Your withdrawal symptoms will soon subside & you'll start feeling so much better. I'm glad you have an appetite. (I lived on potato chips or crackers for ages.) I hope being here will help keep you on track. Glad you joined us!
Old 12-15-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome HappyHealthy

I found regular support really helped keep my focus when I started to feel better - I hope you'll find that too - keep reading and posting

D
Old 12-15-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome HappyHealthy, congrats on day 2. It does get easier. You will find lots of support here. Glad you have joined us.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. I am with you on Day 2. Early days are tough, then good things start to happen. Keep going, you can do this.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Happy! It does get easier each day! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Hi, nice name. I'm sure you'll feel better really soon, just tell yourself you don't want to go back there x
Old 12-15-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to a very supportive family.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi I stopped drinking many, many times and always drank again :-(. Went back to AA 2 months ago and haven't lifted a drink and I visit sober recovery everyday to sign up to the 24 hour sign up sheet. Keeps me accountable, well done on the 2 days, stick with it - it is worth it xx
Old 12-15-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Happy!! Congrats on a great start!! Keep coming here and reading it really will give you so much information, support, and it will certainly keep you busy!!! The blackout you think would come if you starting drinking again doesn't sound like much fun does it?
Old 12-15-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome, HappyH, congrats on day 2. Every day sober is huge, but those first few days are very significant. Glad to have you here. SR is a great resource. It has really helped me. Keep posting. Let us know how it's going. Glad you're off to a good start.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's been a while since I logged in. From memory I didn't last much longer than the 2 days!

Struggled off an on again until finding out in September that I'm pregnant. That has certainly been strong motivation! So I've now been sober since September 16th and it's so nice that the never ending fog has lifted.

I'm worried about the alcohol that I consumed in my early pregnancy. The guilt I felt when I found out was immense (only a couple of days prior I had consumed several beers and most of a bottle of gin). All I can do though is hope for a healthy happy baby and stay sober for the sake of this little one.

I strongly feel that this gift of a little life has entirely saved mine. I was literally killing myself with alcohol, but couldn't stop.

I've also stopped smoking!
Old 11-20-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back HH

I'm sure if there were any problems your Dr would let you know about them. Try not to worry - you're doing everything right now

Congrats on the bub!

D
Old 11-20-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very happy to see you again HH. You're in the right place, for sure. Congratulations on your pregnancy.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's wonderful to see you back. I think it's normal to be worried when you're pregnant (about any number of things), but you are doing the right thing for your child and yourself. How wonderful you see that your unborn child is saving your life. That is such great motivation to stay sober and be the best mother that you can be.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!