Notices

relapse./hospitalization. have 5 days again

Old 12-14-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

relapse./hospitalization. have 5 days again

yup, bottle of wine and a handful of xanax landed my butt in the psych ward in the hospital. Made quite a spectacle of myself. A bill collector called and I usually just "ignore" them. Not this time! This time I decided to talk to person. Told him I took a handful of xanax and drank a bottle of wine and he wasn't getting a dime from me because I was going to be dead in a matter of hours. Hung up, and the next thing I know, every emergency vehicle in the county was at my front door. The bill collector called 911 !!. I didn't know they did that, but I am grateful he did. ( Sally Mae). I became rather combative so yes, guns were drawn and they wrestled me to the ground. I saw the tazor pointed at me, so I pretty much knew that s*** just got real. They managed to get me on a gurney and sedated me. I have been taking the same medication for some time and it was apparent I needed a med change. They put me on a 72 hour hold, changed my meds, leveled me out, and now I'm home.

I am an alcoholic with a co-occurring mental illness. I am powerless over both and it sucks. I get it, I can't drink. So here I am, 5 days sober and am overwhelmed with so much to think about. Thank you all for being here.....
Old 12-14-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is a lot to take. I hope you will be seeing a counselor for the mental illness issues. As far as the alcohol goes, you just have to set your mind to it that you cannot drink. You have five days going, that is a good start. Try to find something positive to focus on and try to get some support. It is overwhelming, but you are on the right path. Come to this site and read as much as you can. It really does help. Take care.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have an aftercare plan. See a counselor on Monday. I also found out I have Medicaid which was such a blessing. I found a meeting schedule and will be attending one at noon today.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you, keep it up.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cc64 View Post
yup, bottle of wine and a handful of xanax landed my butt in the psych ward in the hospital. Made quite a spectacle of myself. A bill collector called and I usually just "ignore" them. Not this time! This time I decided to talk to person. Told him I took a handful of xanax and drank a bottle of wine and he wasn't getting a dime from me because I was going to be dead in a matter of hours. Hung up, and the next thing I know, every emergency vehicle in the county was at my front door. The bill collector called 911 !!. I didn't know they did that, but I am grateful he did. ( Sally Mae). I became rather combative so yes, guns were drawn and they wrestled me to the ground. I saw the tazor pointed at me, so I pretty much knew that s*** just got real. They managed to get me on a gurney and sedated me. I have been taking the same medication for some time and it was apparent I needed a med change. They put me on a 72 hour hold, changed my meds, leveled me out, and now I'm home.

I am an alcoholic with a co-occurring mental illness. I am powerless over both and it sucks. I get it, I can't drink. So here I am, 5 days sober and am overwhelmed with so much to think about. Thank you all for being here.....
Holy moly! That was quite a scene!

So happy you are getting the help you need and working on getting alcohol from your life. I hope you check in a lot.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have an aftercare plan. See a counselor on Monday. I also found out I have Medicaid which was such a blessing. I found a meeting schedule and will be attending one at noon today.
This can be something good for the road to recovery. It was for me but being thick headed took longer than usual. Finally was impressed that if the first drink was not taken I wouldn't have to get sober again.

BE WELL
Old 12-14-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yikes! That must have been awful, sorry about it!

Looks like it happened for a reason, you seem to be making steps in the right direction. Hope things sort out, take care
Old 12-14-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

your episode reminded me of me when I was drinking and using

welcome to site

Mountainman
Old 12-14-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My husband took a job in Portland OR (we live in Middleton Idaho) and he left this morning. I will be joining him in about a month. So I am alone but have my dogs. I guess without him here, I have all kinds of time to get my act together. I will be busy packing and going to meetings, and seeing my counselor. I miss him already and he hasn't even been gone an hour. It's an exciting move and a new adventure, I just don't want to drag all this crap with me
Old 12-14-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey!! Just remember to get connected with counseling when you move. Unfortunately, our problems move with us.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Good luck with everything x
Old 12-14-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Gee, that sounds pretty crazy. Hopefully you view this episode as a "life changing event" because that's a pretty big wake up call. I have been there, in the back of an ambulance myself, wondering what happened...

At some point you have to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and make sure that you try all options available to you. Sobriety will be a huge step towards conquering your mental issues. Please, make sure that stopping drinking is goal #1. You will have no husband around this month to monitor you, so please get involved in a program or support network, I think you'll find it very helpful. Good luck!
Old 12-14-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I had an episode a few weeks ago too. No hospitalization, but it wasn't enough to keep me from drinking (obviously). The same people were involved with this one and although my husband and my best friend has forgiven me (again), there is still a dear friend I have face. I dragged him in to this last one and I'm so afraid to face him AGAIN. He means SO much to me but I fear he'll just turn around and walk away shaking his head. I know some people get their fill of this nonsense and just walk away and never trust again, and I fear this will happen. I'm so scared. I think I will give it a few days and then face him. He loves coffee, so maybe I can ask him to have coffee with me ...I don't know. This s*** sucks.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

CHEESE AND RICE DUDE!!!!!! Thats bananas!! Thank goodness you're okay! I'm recently out of detox too. AND I also have dual diagnosis. If you ever need a buddy feel free to PM or whatever. Hang in there!

Edit:grammar
Old 12-14-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Been a rough week for you so I am glad you are here now cc !!

Also glad you are seeking aftercare and help.

One day at a time, and yes, please be sure to call ahead to your new hometown and set up your support system there in plenty of time!!
Old 12-14-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're ok and back here with us CC

D
Old 12-14-2013, 11:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sounds like a scary episode! I'm glad you came out of it okay. Just another reason not to drink.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

hey man

i wish you all the best and a speedy return to sobriety.......

v
Old 12-15-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well that's the first time I've ever heard of a bill collector doing something helpful, cc. I'm glad you're back here and are okay after that episode. It sounds like you have a supportive husband and an opportunity for a fresh start, which is great! Best of luck!

June
Old 12-15-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I'm glad you are ok. Stories like these remind me of the power of the human spirit. And how, we are alllllll so very much connected.

Although that person was just doing their job, (and probably doing so so that they, too, could escape the bill collector) they were put in the exact right place at the exact right time to save your life.

Feels alot like Clarence in its a Wonderful Life.

You just made my entire holiday season.

Bless you dear one.

XO AO