Notices

Am I Crazy?!?

Old 12-13-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I Crazy?!?

Hi- Wanted to get some feedback here.

I have noticed that over the last month that my thinking has become more and more positive and that many around me seem to be getting more and more negative. Not quite sure if I'm becoming more sensitive to negativity and the people in my life have always been this way or if I'm just getting unrealistic, lost in my spirituality, and becoming judgemental. I'm kind of weirded out by these new feelings and not quite sure what to make of them.

Has anyone else had similar experiences or thoughts about this? I'm coming up on three months so not sure if this is just a "phase" in my sobriety.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Could be a phase. Could be discernment. When we become spiritual, we become sensitive to the things and people around us. It's easy to become judgmental, but I have found that as we progress, we start to lose the judgmental aspects and become more accepting that we each have our own path to follow.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

I, too, have noticed this. Being out of the pill fog, I am more aware of what is going on around me...that includes the good and the bad. So you're definitely not alone.

I wonder if it has to do with the five stages of grief, which we go through when we are working on our sobriety. I've been a little irritable because my substance of choice, Tramadol, is still so close to me. I took large amounts of it. My parents both take it for pain. It's at their house and I know it. I can't take it anymore, but they can and I have had a hard time accepting that. I think I project my irritability, which in turn makes it "easier" for me to react to other negative energy and events that occur daily in life.

I am not sure if this is similar to what you feel, but for what it's worth, I think it is something that will fade over time. At the beginning, and even into the first few weeks or months, we are still sensitive and learning to deal with the world without substances. It's difficult. You probably notice many more things than you used to.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It can easily become a 'them and us' situation. I can hardly blame you for thinking this way, I encounter negative people every day. Just stick to your guns and values. Don't let others get you down. The nature of the beast is that we are sensitive and really kind people to be perfectly honest. I try not to judge people's negativity which, in turn, makes it easier to realise I don't need their approval. We all have our cross to bear, Even the normals
Old 12-13-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I discovered I had surrounded myself with negative people for many years. As I changed I surrounded myself with people who reflected the change in me.

maybe this is the first part of that process?

D
Old 12-13-2013, 11:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
totfit

Could be, could be....... Lost your spiriturlity? Maybe it is that you are starting to feel good about yourself and see yourself or old self in them. I really don't think I am special at all, but sometimes the minor stuff I did before really pisses me off now when other folks do it. We just want to feel we are not the same any longer and......though it feels judgemental and we feel guilty about the way we feel, it is really us trying to seperate ourselves from the way we felt/were before. Really we are just human "beans". We get all to wrapped up in the fluff, when we just need to take advantage or the opportunity to live.