Notices

Jasmine / Green Tea (Kills cravings in 7 seconds)

Old 12-13-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yep, I am living on Green tea at the moment
I had an orange flavour which really relaxed me but that ran out. I am yet to find it at the shop, however I can't remember which one I got it from.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

wow never thought to do this. will definitely be giving it a shot tomorrow!! thanks
Old 12-13-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm getting more into tea, too. Except I bought one of the holiday ones, sugar cookie I think... and it's nasty. Oh well.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

Anyone like Chai lattes? Sometimes it's great to get some basic chai tea, brew it up in milk and add a little sugar. Mmm, mmm, mmm. Cheaper than Starbucks. And there is a decaf chai for late night latte attacks.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Great thread! I love Yerba Mate and somehow the ritual of making it keeps the cravings at bay.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Roastaroma by Celestial Seasonings is a great herbal 'coffee' like tea. It makes me feel refreshed without the caffeine.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Since becoming sober it feels like I drink my own body weight in green tea, gallons of the stuff!! . . . I got this cool tea leaf holder in a chinese tea shop in london years back, I'm now finally using it
Old 12-14-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
The anti oxidants in green tea are really high.
Even higher in white tea! And the taste is very similar (same bud just picked earlier)

I'm running out of room for all the different types of tea
Better than having vodka bottles stacked up everywhere tho hah
Old 12-14-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

oh, you crazy americans.

PG Tips or Yorkshire Tea. milk, one sugar, boiling water. dunk teabag until drink is the colour of Courtney Stodden's legs. enjoy with ginger biscuits in front of Coronation Street.

i'm not even northern...!!
Old 12-14-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Gosh I'm going to sound like such a sterotype. But being down here in the south, I made a pot of Luzianne Iced Tea yesterday with sugar and lemon. Drank darn near the whole pot while doing stuff around the house on my day off. I like hot tea too, but come on folks....give the iced tea a try once in a while.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

YAY for a tea thread! mdw- I am obsessed with lemon ginger tea! I have also rediscovered Bigelow's Raspberry, for when I want a black tea- YUM!
Old 12-14-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ippochick View Post
oh, you crazy americans.

PG Tips or Yorkshire Tea. milk, one sugar, boiling water. dunk teabag until drink is the colour of Courtney Stodden's legs. enjoy with ginger biscuits in front of Coronation Street.

i'm not even northern...!!
Hey, I aint american!
I'm yorkshire born and bred and I don't drink yorkshire or any english tea... i'm vegan and tea with soy milk is gross. I'll go for a ginger biscuit tho
Old 12-14-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
mdw

I love this thread! I drink tea all day at work (twinning earl grey or an organic earl grey my boss brings me) but I always seem to forget about my love for tea when I get home - that's when I like grapes apparently.
Herbal teas and naturally decaf are the best for recovery..sans sugar as both can intensify cravings and affect neurotransmitters in the brain. Try a bit of honey if you don't like it 'black'
Old 12-14-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

Originally Posted by girlsearching View Post
Gosh I'm going to sound like such a sterotype. But being down here in the south, I made a pot of Luzianne Iced Tea yesterday with sugar and lemon. Drank darn near the whole pot while doing stuff around the house on my day off. I like hot tea too, but come on folks....give the iced tea a try once in a while.
There are some great cold brew teas out there. My mother used to put a bunch of tea bags in a big jar of water, and leave it in the sun all day. I guess that isn't considered healthy but everyone did it!! And many still do! Anyone else here for iced tea?

Tea is the bomb, iced AND hot!!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiaAc View Post
My mother used to put a bunch of tea bags in a big jar of water, and leave it in the sun all day. I guess that isn't considered healthy but everyone did it!! And many still do! Anyone else here for iced tea?
I still do that for my kids. I guess you have to make sure that it is refrigerated after it finishes brewing to ward off bacteria (which I hear can grow quickly if the tea is left out).
Old 12-14-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Wow! I never thought I would have such a wise range of things I never tried!!