Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Weekend thread come join us get through the weekend 13th 14th 15th of december 2013

Notices

Weekend thread come join us get through the weekend 13th 14th 15th of december 2013

Old 12-15-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

I had a really busy weekend so I didn't get to hang out at SR as much as I wanted to. Lots of cleaning and baking goodies to give as gifts. Back when I was drinking, I never would have gotten a tenth of my plans accomplished. So nice to be sober! Hope everyone had a productive, sober weekend as well.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bemyself View Post
I shouldn't be here as I'm drinking [fourth day on it, dammit].

But for Olive: the one thing we CAN let go is angst over the dog hair etc in a new (or new-ish) car. It took me - again- almost 1.5 hours including breathing breaks - to vacuum and clean mine. Bessie's mostly white fur on near-black car carpet and trims, plus the lovely mess of sand from beach trips and general dirt / bits of leaves etc from bush walks.

I said to my neighbour (retired hairdresser) that I'd be willing to nominate her to be the probably first and only hairdresser in the Guiness Book of Records to give a dog a full buzz-cut.

:-)
You can be here, bemyself.
Hopefully one day it will 'click' for you. Keep posting and reading and sharing.

As for the dog hair car......I need to sell my old car and I cannot decide whether I want to spend the time and money to clean out all the dog evidence or to just knock off a couple $ and sell as is.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

yeah, know what you mean Olive re the dog-evidence. Have sold / bought a few cars in my time on this earth....and I guess, in the end: I've come to a point where, yes it's great to get the best deal minus too much stress and to keep the new car looking schmick without too much stress. But I've also twigged that people like us (in the Western world) HAVE the choice. We have a car, and a dog, and presumably a place which is OK to live in.

I have to remind myself of all these things. Otherwise I go bonkers with what some call First World Problems!

You'll get your new car and trundle your doggie around in it, eh?
Old 12-15-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Another sober weekend done and dusted ! Yay
Old 12-15-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Completed another sober weekend! This is starting to feel normal to me, I love it!
Old 12-16-2013, 01:23 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

I did it and had a great weekend! Thanks guys.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:36 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

I did it too. I saw the post about Sunday night getting quiet on here and it does. I took the kids back to church for a "Christmas pageant in a box" you do it all in one night, everyone participating. It was fun and was from 5 to 8. Late on a school night but got them out of the house.

Wasn't much of a church person before but Alcoholic husband brought us in while on one of his periods of sobriety. I switched from the catholic in which I was raised to a Methodist church. I like the normality and feeling of inclusion it brings and the congregation is so very small that you can't help getting involved. So all my plans for laundry, cleaning, etc. etc. went by the wayside. The church is a grand edifice, built when there were far more Protestants in our neighborhood. Beautiful building with a tiny, aging congregation. A shame.

Back to getting the kids up and making lunches. But without a hangover.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I went to my banquet last night and had a wonderful time. Nobody seemed to miss the wine--there were three different types of non-alcoholic sparkling beverages, plus non-alcoholic punch.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Was sitting in the car after dropping off kids listening to a song I'd never heard but I like it. Did a bit of search and found another of his that I like. The British members may be more familiar. Frank turner. The songs "recovery" and "the real damage." Worth a listen.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Another sober weekend for me, I feel great and energetic - not a normal occurrence for me on a Monday morning.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

This weekend was SO much better sober. I feel like i am starting to do this not just because I have to, but because I want to.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Sober weekend for me too. I feel some accomplishment at that. I'm kind of feeling like I don't want to be around anyone and am starting to wonder if I am isolating. Maybe I'll give myself today to snap out of it, if not, I'll have to make a concerted effort to address this! At least I'm noticing. It did feel kind of nice to be alone this past weekend. I've had a lot of stress, some good, a lot not so good, maybe I've needed some time to assimilate.
Glad I had this thread to check in with!
Old 12-16-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Vic ,
this thread is for everyone IMHO I hope you include yourself in , in future .

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-16-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Absolutely everyone is included!

Next weekend thread starts Friday morning.

Come... Connect... and belong!